Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ideas for an Alice in Wonderland party... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well, the title says it all really. We're all 17/18 and we're having an Alice in Wonderland party...just looking for ideas for music or decoration or costumes....or whatever really

Our parties are usually quite 'exciting' , I know this is a massive cliche but just so you know what I mean, they're quite 'skins-esque'...
    So whatever you think would be cool really

NB. Music doesn't have to be alice in wonderland themed, as we'd be limited to playing Jefferson Airplane I imagine, so just whatever. We take it in turns to throw these, and so I am feeling the pressure!

Cheers x

ReputationRep:
    It ain't an Alice in Wonderland party without some magic mushrooms.

ReputationRep:
    Advice? Grow up.

'skins-esque' occurs in the late night fantasies of teenage boys.

Edit: and no, popping pills and smoking bifta does not make it skins-esque.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine did this 2 years ago, she sent out an invite on a specially made account telling us who we were to dress up as (everyone was happy with their costume since it suited their personalities) It didn't take us long to guess who'd made the account. Then we all sat in a big tent around a table and ate tea and cake, pretty civilised for 16 year old girls.

If you want it to be 'skins-esque' as you put it, then you probably want just a big bag of weed and yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    By skinseque...I just meant it wasn't a birthday party in the middle of the afternoon....relax...

ReputationRep:
    Get everyone to bring a hat and something to drink out of eg teacup/teapot, label things 'eat me' and 'drink me' and provide lots and lots of cake

ReputationRep:
    Yell out 'move on a place' at random intervals during the proceedings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caprisun!)
    Advice? Grow up.

'skins-esque' occurs in the late night fantasies of teenage boys.

Edit: and no, popping pills and smoking bifta does not make it skins-esque.
    Advice? Shut the **** up

I will be popping pills and smoking "bifta" into my 70s, because it is fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    Advice? Shut the **** up

I will be popping pills and smoking "bifta" into my 70s, because it is fun.
    I never said it wasn't 'fun'. I said that it didn't make her like a bunch of fictional characters on a t.v series. Now, grow the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caprisun!)
    I never said it wasn't 'fun'. I said that it didn't make her like a bunch of fictional characters on a t.v series. Now, grow the **** up.
    Grow up how?

Skins-esque was employed as a describing word, and though I don't watch Skins I assume it means a party at which there are pills and sex and "biftas". I don't see what's wrong with using it as a comparison. Were you never invited?

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at http://frolickingfoodie.blogspot.com...onderland.html and then if you feel up to making the matching cake, the recipe is here.

ReputationRep:
    Dress up as caterpillars and smoke shisha?

ReputationRep:
    Play croquet, get a lot of tea and cake and shout ALL CHANGE at regular intervals

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.