Turn on thread page Beta

Living with all boys (I'm a girl) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So we're sorting living arrangements for next year. Originally was supposed to be living with one other girl and three boys. The girl's dropped out, leaving me with the three boys. One of the boys is my like my best mate (he could be a girlfriend if possible). So I'm deciding if I want to really live with all boys!

Pros: Finding a 4 person flat/house in London is so much easier than finding a 5 person house. I'd much rather live with all boys than all girls. I've always got on better with boys than girls.

Cons: Theyre BOYS. Well.

So has anyone got any experience of living with the other sex? I would like a female presence, but to be honest it's hard finding someone, and as I said 4 is better than 5!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Depends, are they nice guys, or douchebags? If they're nice guys, you'll probably be alright, if they're dicks then you probably know what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    So we're sorting living arrangements for next year. Originally was supposed to be living with one other girl and three boys. The girl's dropped out, leaving me with the three boys. One of the boys is my like my best mate (he could be a girlfriend if possible). So I'm deciding if I want to really live with all boys!

Pros: Finding a 4 person flat/house in London is so much easier than finding a 5 person house. I'd much rather live with all boys than all girls. I've always got on better with boys than girls.

Thanks!
    I honestly don't understand the problem. If you would much rather live with boys than girls, then this is a perfect solution for you!

How can it also be a con that they are boys?

ReputationRep:
    I lived with all girls one year cause a guy dropped out, loved it. Loved watching them dry their hair and come out of the shower all wet.

Yes this isn't very relevant but here you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    I honestly don't understand the problem. If you would much rather live with boys than girls, then this is a perfect solution for you!

How can it also be a con that they are boys?
    Well because a female presence is always favoured. I mean, if they start being all guyish and stuff. No, to be honest it doesn't make sense! But I just wanted some first hand experience, that's all. Sorry if you don't understand the 'problem', but there isn't a 'problem'

And no, they're not very laddish or anything, which is why I am about 90% cool with the arrangement. But thanks

So yeah, first hand experience?

ReputationRep:

So has anyone got any experience of living with the other sex? I would like a female presence, but to be honest it's hard finding someone, and as I said 4 is better than 5!

Thanks!
    Sounds like you'd be okay with it, so just go for it! Make sure you do stay friends with your girlfriends and have fun with them too cause we do need them no matter how fun guys can be.

ReputationRep:
    I spent 3 months living with 4 boys I'd never met before and it was one of the best experiences of my life, we all got on really well and there was much less tension or friction then u get when living with girls as they were all very laid back, that said had they been hugely unclean or anything I doubt I could have coped! I was the messiest by far! So depends on who they are I think.... Good Luck xx

ReputationRep:
    My friend (female) lived with 3 boys last year and I think she quite enjoyed it. They gave her her own space and most of the time they didn't walk around naked or make her feel uncomfortable.

I don't think it matters if they're boys or girls, just what their personalities are like. As long as you both respect each others boundaries then you ought to be fine.

ReputationRep:
    As said above, if there not "ladish," and you get on well with them, you don't have an issue.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've never lived completely with boys or completely with girls. In my first year I was living with mostly boys, the second year mostly girls and the third year pretty much mixed.

Definitely preferred living with guys to girls. The only downside I found was that they weren't automatically willing spider removal men and some of them really don't understand how to do the washing up

I say this being quite shy, having a sheltered family life and having gone to a single-sex convent school :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty ideal - single sex shared housing seems to turn into lord of the flies within weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm wouldn't mind it myself... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I live with 3 guys this year and to be honest I enjoy it. I've known the guys since first year (in third currently) and we have a laugh.

I have had to be strict with the house rules though like making sure they take turns to clean the house, do the bins and clean up after themselves but after term, they got used to it I say go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I can see why it'd be a bit annoying. Lads are a bit laddish with their living habits! So long as they're not complete slobs and really loutish, and you get on really well with them, you should be sound. Just invite your female friends over a lot for sleepovers so you've got your girly presence!

ReputationRep:
    Gangbang?

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as your name is the polite way of saying 'Russian ****', i'd say go for it :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepStar)
    I live with 3 guys this year and to be honest I enjoy it. I've known the guys since first year (in third currently) and we have a laugh.

I have had to be strict with the house rules though like making sure they take turns to clean the house, do the bins and clean up after themselves but after term, they got used to it I say go for it.
    Ahh brilliant! What I like to hear. I'm pretty sure I'm going for it now anyway. Let's hope I just dont turn into a complete boy now! :P

ReputationRep:
    would rather live with guys. less drama. easy to talk to/pal around with and generally, good company. also, there was a london study that more fecal bacteria is found on womens' hands than mens'. maybe that should tell you something about genderdized hygiene habits?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I live with my 2 brothers and my dad as well as my mum, and am going to live with all guys at uni next year. What annoys me is things personal to the people themselves, nothing gender specific tbh
    It'll be fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.