Turn on thread page Beta

To put a long story short - I used to know this guy through playing badminton when i was about 14 years old. I always had a massive crush on him but life moved on, I stopped badminton and that was the end of that.

My friend is having her 18th party, at some fancy restaurant. And he will be going! The thing is I haven't spoken to him in 4 years, and I know my friend has a massive crush on him, I just haven't told her I fancy him too...

Instead of making everythig awkward - how can I make him fall in love with me more than her? What can I do to make him interested whilst eating? What should I wear? What should I talk about? How can I make him think WOW?!!

Thanks for all your help in advance

ReputationRep:
    Fall in love? Whoa whoa whoa. Baby steps please. You want him to FANCY you. Which means you will have to talk to him- 4 years is a long time and people change. Wear something nice, but don't go overboard- people will be able to smell it a mile off.

ReputationRep:
    Act natural and don't over do it. Plus, you can start talking saying, "I used to play badminton with you.." and then you can talk away! Pretty good conversation starter I think.

ReputationRep:
    the quickest way to a man's heart is through his penis.

ReputationRep:
    HAhaha...eee wasnt sure if this was serious or not...

Err...was he ever a friend before? ie can you just go up to him and chat to catch up? if you can, do that.

And you can't make anyone do anything - just hope that he likes the you that you are.

ReputationRep:
    Show him this creepy thread, that will make him say 'wow'.

ReputationRep:
    you're so nice to your friends

ReputationRep:
    make yourself look $1,000,000 and pay him almost no attention until you literally have to acknowledge him, at which point maintain intense eye contact, keep a wry smile on your face and speech to a minimum (at first) let him make the effort.. try to ensure you're sat nearby but not too close and play subtly suggestively with the neck of your glass etc as you talk (primarily to others and ideally with your body not pointing towards him too much)

sit/stand upright, with a straight neck/back, your head up and your chest out. Take deep breaths and let everything you do ooze confidence.. command the room! If you can, 'take a call' in the middle of the meal at a time when you know you'll have his attention and walk around like an empowered woman while you talk - try to ensure there's some laughter in the call and that you sign off when you come back within earshot in an authoritative but cool sounding manner "ok I'm going to have to go but you take care.. ok.. ciao ciao"

BOOM

(btw I would never do owt this farcical myself, just using my imagination, and the girl's on a mission!)

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: you sound desperate

ReputationRep:
    Spill wine on his trousers *accidentally* and clean it up for him with a napkin or, failing that, your tongue.

This might make him say "wow".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.