Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    I have been invited to a meeting at Wallington County Grammar School for Boys on Wednesday, and until then, I need to confirm whether or not I shall be attending.
    I don't know whether I should. I know this is a decision I should make by myself, but I'm so uncertain at the moment.
    I applied to Wallington High School for Girls, at which I asked to study Spanish, French, Chemistry and Maths. You see, I'm a language-oriented person, and I intend to study a language or Linguistics at university. Considering that Wallington Girls has a language specialism, I have a great desire to be accepted there as a student. I meet the minimum requirements in terms of grades, but of course, I cannot be so certain that I will be accepted.
    Wallington County is a very good school, and I feel that it may be very foolish to turn down a semi-offer like this. However, at Wallington County, I will only be able to study one language (French). I would study Maths and Chemistry also, but I am undecided on the fourth potential subject. I really do not want to do an essay-based subject like English, nor the -ology subjects like Psychology, Sociology, etc. So I would basically be obliged to uptake Physics. My predicted GCSE grades in these subjects are fine (A*-B), but I will not feel happy doing more sciences than languages.

    So, what do you think I should do? Should I decline the invitation to the meeting at Wallington County, and just push every hope of mine towards Wallington Girls? Or should I just go anyway and see what happens?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I think what you should go with is the one that you will firstly enjoy and also that will be the most beneficial for what you want to do in the future. I would say go to the meeting anyway, if you can without confirming, and see how that pans out and just judge which you will think you will be most comfortable and find most enjoyable.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    will you lose anything if you go for the meeting? seems to me you should go anyway just to have a look. Since you're waiting for the girls school and are not sure that you'll be accepted yet, can't hurt to have a look at the other potential school.
 
 
 

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.