Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The Mayor of London has upset the Labour Party with claims that they were secretly happy with the violence and vandalism this weekend, as it showed there was anger that they could exploit.

How much truth do you think is in his claims? No doubt negative feeling towards the coalition is a positive for Labour, but criminal damage?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If anything I would say Ed would be annoyed by the violence as it detracts from the protest. I agree with the other things BoJo said about Labour though

ReputationRep:
    I may not agree with everything he said, but I certainly do share the sentiment and the tone of the article.

ReputationRep:
    God its so depressing that 'celebrity' is the factor needed to win elections - sort out the issues of London first before prancing on about party political issues :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchild007)
    God its so depressing that 'celebrity' is the factor needed to win elections - sort out the issues of London first before prancing on about party political issues :rolleyes:
    Here's some news, the mayor is a party political figure....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Here's some news, the mayor is a party political figure....
    WHEN IN MY POST DID I SAY HE WASN'T? :rolleyes:

Sycophants like yourself really do annoy me; as opposed to picking a legitimate argument, you do the only thing you can and put words in someone's reply, and form your own fallacious argument to pick at.

BoJo may be a party political figure (was this ever up for debate?), but instead of making snide remarks, he should stick to his governance of the City, a task in which he is sadly faltering in (his recent smoke and mirrors approach to 'increase' policing numbers, when in fact they shall be falling in real terms, is one very recent example).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchild007)
    WHEN IN MY POST DID I SAY HE WASN'T? :rolleyes:

Sycophants like yourself really do annoy me; as opposed to picking a legitimate argument, you do the only thing you can and put words in someone's reply, and form your own fallacious argument to pick at.

BoJo may be a party political figure (was this ever up for debate?), but instead of making snide remarks, he should stick to his governance of the City, a task in which he is sadly faltering in (his recent smoke and mirrors approach to 'increase' policing numbers, when in fact they shall be falling in real terms, is one very recent example).

Just for the record, I don't agree with everything he has said though. For example when he said changes in Housing benefit would lead to Kosovo style ethnic cleansing, I thought he was well out of order for that.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    BOJO doing an awesome job as usual. Excellent article which really highlighted how untenable Labour's position is.

Harman and Cooper missed the point. He wasn't saying that Ed was actively encouraging people to smash stuff up, just that he is glad that there's popular discontent he can harness.

And Bojo isn't making snide remarks, but very legitimate comments in an independent newspaper column. I don't see how this impinges on any of his official capacities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    If anything I would say Ed would be annoyed by the violence as it detracts from the protest.
    Does anyone even notice protests any more unless they kick off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Does anyone even notice protests any more unless they kick off?
    Most probably not, but therein lies another question; is kicking off at protests becoming more instrumental in attracting the attention of the media and wider public? Nothing sells a story like violence.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.