Turn on thread page Beta

Cystitis - unable to get to my gp :( watch

Hi

I have all the symptoms of cystitis;

- Pain at the end of peeing [Quite bearable, doesn't make me wince or anything]
    - Sudden need to urinate
    - Pressure that makes me feel like I need to pee all the time but not quite as urgent as it can get O_o

I suffered from thrush and maybe cystitis when I was little but I doubt this is connected.

Drinking lots and lots of water has been helping so that the pain is almost gone and I'm following all the at home treatments you're supposed to.

But now I'm worried as I've just got what seems to be my period. I say what seems to be because I'm on the depo provera injection and have been spotting for ages. I am getting heavier bleeding and cramps. Problem is I'm feeling week and slightly feverish as well, which I do get with my period. All the symptoms that I'm showing, all though may be my period are also linked with cysitits, but I think I'd be having more painful urination if my infection had worsened though right?

I've been suffering since Thursday and any other time I would go to the Doctor but at the moment I don't have one. I want to register at the doctor near my home [my mum just moved] but I'm at university.

I know that Cystitis should really be treated with antibiotics otherwise it can keep coming back but I don't know if I will be allowed to see a gp near me if I don't currently have a doctor, does my old doctor still hold my records?

I'm so confused with everything :/

Thanks for reading if anything xD

ReputationRep:
    NHS direct should be able to advise you what to do in regards to both your period, cystitis and getting a GP sorted out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)
    NHS direct should be able to advise you what to do in regards to both your period, cystitis and getting a GP sorted out
    Thanks I forgot about them I'll give them a call :P

ReputationRep:
    They've pointed me towards a walk-in center

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NomStudent)
    They've pointed me towards a walk-in center
    Ah, that's good to hear - good luck and hope it gets sorted! x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.