Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

Everybody received their offer letter or acceptance email yet? Also if someone is debating whether to apply/accept or not I guess this should be our thread.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email early this morning stating that I had been accepted for RM and Fin Eng and I should get an offer in the next two weeks (still don't knwo if its conditional or not).

The website does not show anything...

Btw.. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess is the standard prepared in advance email congradulating you, right? btw, what's ur background?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I also accepted MSc RMFE. How do you prepare for the course? Is there any book list for the course?

ReputationRep:
    Although I was accepted to the MSc Finance at Imperial I first got an email stating I was offered a place at the course, and roughly 4 days later I got the condition published on the application tracker thing.

Congrats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginppl)
    Hi all,

I also accepted MSc RMFE. How do you prepare for the course? Is there any book list for the course?
    Hey, congrats guys.

What's ur background ginppl? I don't have a reading list in my hands. I guess they should supply us with something in the beginning of the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPhs)
    Hey, congrats guys.

What's ur background ginppl? I don't have a reading list in my hands. I guess they should supply us with something in the beginning of the summer.
    My background is not quite relevant to finance.
    I got a Mechanical Eng degree and worked in semi-conductor industry. Right now, I am doing audit with some audit experience in financial institutions.

How about you, DrPhs?

ReputationRep:
    My background is not quite relevant to finance.
    I got a Mechanical Eng degree and worked in semi-conductor industry. Right now, I am doing audit with some audit experience in financial institutions.

How about you, DrPhs?
    Hehe very nice, another scientist on board!! I have a PhD in laser physics and optical comms, MRes in photonic networks and b.eng in EEE. For the past 2.5 years I hold a senior position in a telecom company. Also very active in consulting and PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPhs)
    Hehe very nice, another scientist on board!! I have a PhD in laser physics and optical comms, MRes in photonic networks and b.eng in EEE. For the past 2.5 years I hold a senior position in a telecom company. Also very active in consulting and PM.
    Which programme are you in? Finance / RMFE?
    Wow. With such advanced degrees, you should be able to pick up the maths easily. I am a bit nervous about the quantitative part of the course. I haven't done any serious maths for a few years.

Why don't you go for MBA?

ReputationRep:
    Which programme are you in? Finance / RMFE?
    Wow. With such advanced degrees, you should be able to pick up the maths easily. I am a bit nervous about the quantitative part of the course. I haven't done any serious maths for a few years.

Why don't you go for MBA?
    I'm in Finance. well both courses are very very demanding in terms of maths (RMFE a bit more-depending on your electives as well) which is very challenging and I like it. From the looks of the material of the modules, 'a priori' preparation is required (depending on your level and gnostic level).
    Well, depends on the career you want to follow. I would never trade a good MSF with an MBA in terms of in-depth knowledge (cause we are talking about Finance now). I like it to be focused.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.