Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've never cheated on my boyfreind, i've never even thought about dating other people or anything like that. I've never really done anything horrible to him either!
    I just always seem to make him miserable..
    we've been together 3 years now and i love him more than anything in the world and i know he loves me too, but i cant make him happy- i try really hard to do nice things!

the only thing i seem to be good at is making him angry at me or upset. I never purposely do it, i just say things without thinking sometimes. I apologise because its my fault usually, but apologies dont seem to fix anything.
    he often thinks im lying, even when i swear that im not.

i just dont dont know what to do to be a good girlfreind and to make him happy.
    all i want to do is make him happy, he means the world to me
    but i just seem to mess everything up

heeelp

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't mean you're a good girlfriend, it could just mean that the relationship doesn't work anymore.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you are trying too hard OP. If you keep trying to make him happy constantly he gets annoyed. Sometimes everyone needs a bit of space.
    Or you might just be overthinking that you annoy him all the time.

ReputationRep:
    You nagging him a lot? That always pisses me off.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It doesn't mean you are a terrible girlfriend. I agree with the person above that maybe the relationship doesn't work anymore.

Try have a talk with him. Speak openly to him about how you feel. :dontknow:

Can you give me an example of argument that you both have had? E.g. how you make him unhappy..

PS* Love the neg..

ReputationRep:
    seems like he has some underlying problem, rather than you not being a good gf. My £0.02

ReputationRep:
    In what way do you mess things up?

What do you say or do to make him angry?

(Original post by street.lovin')
    It doesn't mean you are a terrible girlfriend. I agree with the person above that maybe the relationship doesn't work anymore.

Try have a talk with him. Speak openly to him about how you feel. :dontknow:

Can you give me an example of argument that you both have had? E.g. how you make him unhappy..
    i'm sure our relationship still works
    we still love each other, and i know i love him too much than to just end it

e.g
    i said i dont like attention, im really shyy and dont like people making a fuss of me, or our relationship
    he said im ebarrassed of him.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the poster that said that maybe you are simply trying TOO hard. It annoys the hell out of guys (as well as girls) when one person is simply too eager to please, or makes too much of an effort to make the other person happy. Respect fades when a person does such a thing, and when there's no respect anymore...well...

However, nobody knows what the hell is going on in a relationship except the two people in it. So looking for advice here is probably not the best idea. But good luck

(Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    maybe you are trying too hard OP. If you keep trying to make him happy constantly he gets annoyed. Sometimes everyone needs a bit of space.
    Or you might just be overthinking that you annoy him all the time.
    maybe
    and he tells me i annoy him!
    alot

Either:

1. You're trying too hard
    2. He's a prick

ReputationRep:
    In fairness, the fact you realize your own faults in the relationship is a pretty good sign you're a good girlfriend, really.

It also means you know where you can "change" if you want to call it that. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've never cheated on my boyfreind, i've never even thought about dating other people or anything like that. I've never really done anything horrible to him either!
    I just always seem to make him miserable..
    we've been together 3 years now and i love him more than anything in the world and i know he loves me too, but i cant make him happy- i try really hard to do nice things!

the only thing i seem to be good at is making him angry at me or upset. I never purposely do it, i just say things without thinking sometimes. I apologise because its my fault usually, but apologies dont seem to fix anything.
    he often thinks im lying, even when i swear that im not.

i just dont dont know what to do to be a good girlfreind and to make him happy.
    all i want to do is make him happy, he means the world to me
    but i just seem to mess everything up

heeelp
    The day you ll lose him is when you re going to regret how stupid you were and wish you had done better !! The problem begins when he starts to mistrust you thinking you re always lying , and if that stays in his mind , he's looking elsewhere . Trust me , when a guy tries something and gets overwhelmed , you re history !! Be warned ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    maybe
    and he tells me i annoy him!
    alot
    I'm sorry you must feel rubbish :console:
    just give him some space for a while. If he loves you he will pay more attention to you and you won't look that annoying.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.