Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It was only when someone questioned me about it today, that i worked out that for the last i-don't-know-how-long (maybe 6 months?) i have been drinking 3 litres of water a day without even realising. I knew that I was averaging two large bottles a day, but i was under the impression that these were 1-litre bottles, not 1.5 as i discovered this morning. My stupid mis-calculation aside, is this any cause for alarm/concern?

ReputationRep:
    No, that's just a lot of water.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I drink like 5+ a day so nah

ReputationRep:
    I drink between three and four litres a day. I hope there's no cause for concern!

ReputationRep:
    Other than a lot of trips to the toilet, I doubt there's much cause for concern there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -mai-)
    I drink between three and four litres a day. I hope there's no cause for concern!
    Nah, just a lot of peeing

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses
    (and not just because it's what i wanted to hear!)

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, but water consumed through tea/coffee, food also counts. So it might be more than the 3L you counted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaalou)
    I drink like 5+ a day so nah
    seriously? thats a lot unless you are an athlete/go to the gym and are losing a lot through sweating but even then i would say it is a lot in this weather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    seriously? thats a lot unless you are an athlete/go to the gym and are losing a lot through sweating but even then i would say it is a lot in this weather
    ohhhh right ha guess I just drink a lot then!

ReputationRep:
    ohhhh right ha guess I just drink a lot then!
    Well if you're constantly needing to go to the toilet then you're drinking too much. Remember that you also get water from food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    Well if you're constantly needing to go to the toilet then you're drinking too much. Remember that you also get water from food
    don't think I use the loo an abnormal amount. just always thirsty!

ReputationRep:
    don't think I use the loo an abnormal amount. just always thirsty!
    fair enough maybe you just sweat a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    fair enough maybe you just sweat a lot
    eww I never sweat!

ReputationRep:
    eww I never sweat!
    haha well you are losing it in some way, either urination, sweating or respiration. Either that or you miscalculated how much you are drinking

also did you just neg me for that?

ReputationRep:
    I drink about 4 or 5 litres a day, at least. It's only a problem if you're diluting your salts, I guess if you're not eating anything but you're drinking shedloads. You can start to feel ill from drinking too much - it feels like dehydration, funnily enough.

I drink about 3 litres of diet coke a day plus water, juice and tea/coffee so you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I do intense workouts so I drink gallons per day.Drinking plenty of water isn't all that bad unless you feel all bloat.

ReputationRep:
    I laughed when I read this. I seem to average at the moment about 8-10 litres a day, so it kinda paled in comparison.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.