Turn on thread page Beta

Do you consider this rude? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting by myself earlier today when this two Muslims came and sat next to me. At first they were speaking English but then one pointed at me and started speaking what I assume was about me in another language... They saw me looking but carried on pointing and talking. I kindly asked them that if they wanted to say something say it in my language to my face. They said that I was being racist and that I should learn their language if I want an argument.

What do you think of this?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should feed them bacon.

ReputationRep:
    If it was really obvious that they were talking about you then no you weren't being rude/racist.

ReputationRep:
    They sound like they have green passports.

Anyway, best thing would just to be ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChazSingh)
    I think you should feed them bacon.
    THIS.

("You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!" ****!)

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty rude, dare I say racist? Them I mean.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, how is that racist of you? Unless, of course you were in their country, then it's a bit bad of you. Otherwise, they should have the balls to say things to your face instead of hiding behind a language and the racist card.

ReputationRep:
    No you weren't rude but...
    In what way is their religion relevant to your point?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do consider this rude and you should have made a complaint in the place you were in. Just be glad they did not follow you home... are you sure that you did not like have ketchup on your nose - they may have been nice to you :0)

ReputationRep:
    Lol that's weird. And why did you just butt in their conversation, maybe they wern't even talking about you?

ReputationRep:
    It was very rude of them, if it'd been me I would have told them they were pussies for hiding behind their language if they had something to say. Or I would have sworn at them in another langauge, because I know how to say a few offensive sentences in Japanese. (taught to me when I was like 12)

ReputationRep:
    If they were speaking arabic you could have just said this to them :

Spoiler:
    Show

(tried to censor that as much as possible)

but otherwise just ignore people like that. It could have been two Scottish blokes talking away about you, you just gotta ignore people like that.

ReputationRep:
    I would think it was pretty rude really. They were being racist to you there I think.

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty rude of them, especially if they were pointing and purposefully speaking in another language. Leave them to it, people like that aren't worth knowing and race has nothing to do with it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    1. How do you know they were Muslim? ... Please answer this. I personally don't see any point in referring to religion in the first place. You could have just simply stated 'two girls', still mean the same thing.

2. No, you weren't being rude or racist. They were really rude, though. This reminds me of some people who stared at me and still kept on doing it even when I stared back at them. What a thick person. .... OP, jsut ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know they were Muslim? Unless they were women and were wearing the hijab or were saying typical Muslim words like 'inshAllah', 'mashAllah', 'Assalam-o-Alaikum',...

Anyway whatever they were doing was quite rude. If someone pointed at me and was talking in a language I didn't understand, I would mind indeed.

ReputationRep:
    They were pretty rude... But I don't get how it matters that they were muslim :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hudlam)
    They were pretty rude... But I don't get how it matters that they were muslim :/
    I guess he was using it to give a better mental image of the people. For example most muslims follow some variety of recognisable dress code which they were presumably wearing in full or part.
    He might have said "christian" if they approached him in thick robes with a crucifix around the neck and a bible in hand.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sorry about labeling people I was just trying to give ou a better overall picture

No offence intended

ReputationRep:
    Very, very rude on their part.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.