Turn on thread page Beta

So I've been chatting online to a girl for a little while, and I asked her out. She said yes, and suggested a meet in a pub for a drink and chat.

The "problem" is if I drive to wherever we meet, I can't (won't) drink more than half a pint, and I'll be on soft drinks for the rest of the night. My question is really am I likely to put her off me by not drinking? I know I could get a taxi there etc, I just don't want to. Much rather take my car, and I'm not a big drinker anyway. Could do with some advice! Have I overlooked an obvious solution?

ReputationRep:
    You've overlooked the obvious fact that it might be a 45 year old man..

ReputationRep:
    You've overlooked the obvious, use this as an evil way to get her to a hotel.

Let the negative rep roll..

ReputationRep:
    take the train you bellz0rsaurus

..tho if you were a real G you'd get her to come to you..

ReputationRep:
    I always think drinking on a first date is a big no no, you might make a massive fool of yourself and walking to the toilet every 10 mins isn't ideal, especially seeing as your date might run away when you go

ReputationRep:
    Drive, if the situation should require you to drink, you drink and leave your car there..

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she'll be put off by you not drinking. Just have half a pint, you'll come across as being responsible if you stop drinking after that anyway, which is a good thing.
    As long as she doesn't get the idea that you never drink more than half a pint, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Either don't drink and face whatever problems it may bring.

Or, when you go the bar order yourself a coke and say to her there's vodka in it :teehee: tee hee. So cunning it just may work :sexface:

Edit....

Oh my, we have a problem.
    She will thing your drink driving :shock:

Ponders for a short while...

Ahh. Problem solved.... Car sex :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've been chatting online to a girl for a little while, and I asked her out. She said yes, and suggested a meet in a pub for a drink and chat.

The "problem" is if I drive to wherever we meet, I can't (won't) drink more than half a pint, and I'll be on soft drinks for the rest of the night. My question is really am I likely to put her off me by not drinking? I know I could get a taxi there etc, I just don't want to. Much rather take my car, and I'm not a big drinker anyway. Could do with some advice! Have I overlooked an obvious solution?
    It probably won't be a problem unless she has it into her head that she sees the date as an opportunity to get pissed which for a first one is a bad idea.

Relax man. It'll probably be a good thing that you won't get pissed and make a fool of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:Haha well as someone already stated, the abvious you overlooked was to MAKE SURE this girl aint really a old dude who might hurt you. So get her on webcam to make sure its a girl etc. and take your car, dont get drunk, and keep yourself safe, take your mobile phone (dont forget that), be nice and try to ahve fun!!

hope i didnt sound like your mum

ReputationRep:
    At first I had read "So I've been chatting online to a little girl for a while"...

Anyway - I would say drinking on the first date is an absolute no no, so nothing to worry about. ^^

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.