Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am 22 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am turning 23 this year and I still feel/act like I am 15.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with watching Anime or the things you're describing live your life.

Wait Wtf,,, you're male :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsnumberwang)
    I didn't get into music until about 17, started wearing makeup at 18/19 ... I only just discovered anime last year.

I look much younger, which doesn't help. Last month I went to a gig and pulled a really cute guy, knowing full well that he was at least 4-5 years younger than me. When I was 16 I would have never pulled that guy so easily. The 16-year-old me would have stood in the corner all shy and self-conscious, avoiding his glance. It's like I'm reliving my teen years with hindsight. I go to gigs and everyone assumes I'm just your average teenager.

I am the confident, popular teenager I never could be.

My friends compare me to Helena Bonham Carter, Hayley Williams, Avril Lavigne ... but these are all people who are quirky/weird as part of their career. I am never going to be taken seriously in any mainstream 'average joe' job if I continue like this. At the same time I feel like this is what makes me ME and I don't want to lose this part of me for the sake of 'fitting in'.

Wait, your profile says you're male...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like me in a way. But, I have lived a very very sheltered life.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it...and Brand New are one of the sickest bands ever, so you're fine

ReputationRep:
    You sound fine but I was afraid in your music you were going to say you listen to Justin Bieber.. :banana:

ReputationRep:
    I am turning 23 this year and I still feel/act like I am 15.

I've always been a late maturer - I didn't get into music until about 17, started wearing makeup at 18/19 ... I only just discovered anime last year.

Most people grow out of this stuff by their 20s, right? And I'm only just discovering it all. :confused:

I started going through a rebellious/depressive emo phase when I was 17/18, where I got piercings and dyed my hair strange colours. I always thought I would grow out of it. But even though I dress/look more 'mainstream' now, I never truly did.

I listen to all sorts of music, including latest pop/chart stuff. But I still enjoy bands that target teen audiences: My Chemical Romance, Brand New, Panic at the Disco, Blink 182 ... etc.

I look much younger, which doesn't help. Last month I went to a gig and pulled a really cute guy, knowing full well that he was at least 4-5 years younger than me. When I was 16 I would have never pulled that guy so easily. The 16-year-old me would have stood in the corner all shy and self-conscious, avoiding his glance. It's like I'm reliving my teen years with hindsight. I go to gigs and everyone assumes I'm just your average teenager.

I am the confident, popular teenager I never could be.

My friends compare me to Helena Bonham Carter, Hayley Williams, Avril Lavigne ... but these are all people who are quirky/weird as part of their career. I am never going to be taken seriously in any mainstream 'average joe' job if I continue like this. At the same time I feel like this is what makes me ME and I don't want to lose this part of me for the sake of 'fitting in'.
    What? :lolwut: You are the person you could never be?

This whole post is just one big contradictory, gender-confused, mind-f***. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    if you like anime i'd advise you start with one piece

ReputationRep:
    nobody really "fits in" everyone is different and quirky. Everyone has different habits that others may find weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neomaster121)
    if you like anime i'd advise you start with one piece
    +rep.
    You have good taste.

ReputationRep:
    I am female ?
    I always assumed the other way around.

Don't tell anyone, but I still listen to Hannah Montana and im sixteen years old and male

thank god for anon

ReputationRep:
    The guys in MCR are mid 30's and they're still writing that stuff.

Can't see any harm in it at all.

ReputationRep:
    I am female ?
    You've changed it.

And it doesn't matter what people think. A lot of older people enjoy anime...

ReputationRep:
    I mean ... it's like I'm reliving my teen years in my 20s.
    So, you feel like you're a teenager now rather then a young adult?

If its any consolation:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9cS1xh4GAB...on_pokemon.jpg

MAJOR addiction.

I think you're in the clear bro/sis.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a big deal that your music taste hasnt changed and you like anime. my brother is 22 and he still plays video games, reads comics and play with warhammer. Im 19, i read comics and play video games. it's no big deal. my university lecturer is 40 odd is a successfull graphic designer with a family and he still reads comics.

ReputationRep:
    Are you me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    I always assumed the other way around.
    would that make it an elamef

ReputationRep:
    It isn't a problem unless you think of yourself as better than other people because of it, or you begin shoving it down people's throats.

Otherwise, it's all gravy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opinionscount66)
    Are you me?
    lol, nice :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.