Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with the way you are.
    I know of some people like you, who are similar in age and style and music. It's not a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Your everything I aspire to be.

ReputationRep:
    Comics> most books any day lol

ReputationRep:
    S'ok MCR are peng.

ReputationRep:
    Live your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haloturk)
    would that make it an elamef
    I ees tahw uoy did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsnumberwang)
    I am turning 23 this year and I still feel/act like I am 15.

I've always been a late maturer - I didn't get into music until about 17, started wearing makeup at 18/19 ... I only just discovered anime last year.

Most people grow out of this stuff by their 20s, right? And I'm only just discovering it all. :confused:

I started going through a rebellious/depressive emo phase when I was 17/18, where I got piercings and dyed my hair strange colours. I always thought I would grow out of it. But even though I dress/look more 'mainstream' now, I never truly did grow out of it.

I listen to all sorts of music, including latest pop/chart stuff. But I still enjoy bands that target teen audiences: My Chemical Romance, Brand New, Panic at the Disco, Blink 182 ... etc.

I look much younger, which doesn't help. Last month I went to a gig and pulled a really cute guy, knowing full well that he was at least 4-5 years younger than me. When I was 16 I would have never pulled that guy so easily. The 16-year-old me would have stood in the corner all shy and self-conscious, avoiding his glance. It's like I'm reliving my teen years with hindsight. I go to gigs and everyone assumes I'm just your average teenager.

I am the confident, popular teenager I never could be.

My friends compare me to Helena Bonham Carter, Hayley Williams, Avril Lavigne ... but these are all people who are quirky/weird as part of their career. I am never going to be taken seriously in any mainstream 'average joe' job if I continue like this. At the same time I feel like this is what makes me ME and I don't want to lose this part of me for the sake of 'fitting in'.

I didn't read your post.
    + Rep for the ****ing awesome user name (:
    I'm sure you're just fine, be who you are, forget the people who don't get it (I read the title)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neomaster121)
    if you like anime i'd advise you start with one piece
    I rate you!!!!!!!!!!! ONE PIECE is sick

hey thatsnumberwang, I'm a bit like that too. looking younger makes it worst cause you
    are allready acting below your age, which makes your friend and family to take you less serious.

to top it all my little bro looks older:mad:

ReputationRep:
    None of this is a problem at all. Just be what be you wanna be, and do what makes you happy . Some people will find some things about you weird, but who cares in all honesty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyDace)
    I rate you!!!!!!!!!!! ONE PIECE is sick
    yea its my favourite manga
    Roronoa Zoro being my favourite character

ReputationRep:
    Go listen to some King Crimson you boring old ****.

Kidding. the black parade and all that.

ReputationRep:
    life is for enjoying, doing what makes you happy and all that.

and hey im 20 this year and if anyone tells me to grow up and stop me doing what i like then i would tell then where to go!!!

f*ck it, is my responce! x

ReputationRep:
    ahahaha this is so me in five years :')

ReputationRep:
    I think watching loads of anime and listening to MCR at any age is a problem

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.