Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm gay, and I've been dating another guy this year. Things have been going extremely well. We both like each other a lot, and his friends and family love me.

The Problem: He came out just before we started dating, and he didn't really get a chance to sleep around and get it out of his system before settling down. At first he said that it didn't bother him, but lately it has been eating at him. He even went so far as to say he'd rather break up than cheat and hurt me. He suggested an open relationship, in which he'd remain tied to me but sleep around with others during the week.

I'm hesitant to jump into this. We both graduate from our universities in May and may part ways after that, so it would potentially be only for a few weeks, and I'm tempted to do it because I really like him and wouldn't mind his company for a while longer. On the other hand, I do get jealous, and I'm not sure it would work out.

Thoughts?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, it works if you both don't actually 'love' each other. =.=
    If you both don't get emotional about it then it probably works.

ReputationRep:
    only works if you both want it. and generally only works right at the beginning of relationships

so i'm inclined to say it probably wont work for you. why cant he just sleep around after he's graduated

only works if you both want it.
    I figured. I don't want it.

why cant he just sleep around after he's graduated
    Good question. I don't have the answer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.