Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Stops me killing myself. :dontknow:

Has worked pretty well so far. Gotta do something about stuff, slicing myself open is probably marginally better than hanging myself.
    Aye, this too.

(Original post by iFelch)
    It gives us normal people something to laugh at...
    A class, *******. ^

For me it's weird, I always used to be perplexed as to why someone could do it to themselves, but the past years been hard, and I started doing it a few months ago, usually when I've had a bad day or argued with my parents, like someone else said, it just feels like pressure builds up, and this is how I vent it :/

MAY BE TRIGGERING. To quench my thirst to see my blood pour out of my body. I spent all day chanting to myself: die, die, die! It stopped me killing myself basically. If I didn't I would have got home one day and slashed my throat until I was drowning in my own blood.

Reason for edit: Typing error.

Adding on to my earlier post, i think there was also an element of being desperate for someone to notice and confront me about it. Whilst i was doing it i was thinking "someone will see tomorrow and help me". So i guess in some ways it was attention seeking.

Having said that, the most important thing to me at the time was making sure that nobody ever found out. I would have rather died than let anyone know what was happening. Silly isn't it?

(Original post by RequiemForADream)
    The sting of razors edge,
    The rush of all that blood,
    Self-control over the dread
    I thought maybe I could:
    Find a high to numb the low,
    A release of all the pain,
    Self-punished scars to show,
    I could still feel...someway
    Brilliant but triggering
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.