Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I love Cardiff, have been there quite a bit and have friends who live there. The course I'm doing there seems good and it's obviously the 'better' uni of the two. However I might not recieve NHS funding (i'm doing a healthcare course) which would mean relying on my parents to pay all my tuition fees if this happens. I'd have to take a gamble

I am apathetic towards UWE, it seems alright, didn't love it when I went to look round but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I ended up there - they have told me i'll recieve NHS funding so finance wise it's the most sensible option.

So it's basically a question of head or heart! Should I take a gamble and go somewhere I like or be sensible?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this a stupid question but cant you get a student loan if you dont get NHS funding?

Personally i'd go for Cardiff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    I love Cardiff, have been there quite a bit and have friends who live there. The course I'm doing there seems good and it's obviously the 'better' uni of the two. However I might not recieve NHS funding (i'm doing a healthcare course) which would mean relying on my parents to pay all my tuition fees if this happens. I'd have to take a gamble

I am apathetic towards UWE, it seems alright, didn't love it when I went to look round but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I ended up there - they have told me i'll recieve NHS funding so finance wise it's the most sensible option.

So it's basically a question of head or heart! Should I take a gamble and go somewhere I like or be sensible?
    You are asking the question:-

Do I do the course my future employer favours or do I go to another university which has many other courses which are considered more prestigious by lots of employers in completely different industries?

The answer is up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Sorry if this a stupid question but cant you get a student loan if you dont get NHS funding?

Personally i'd go for Cardiff
    Unfortunately not as I have already had a loan for a first degree - so i'm in a difficult position. I think I am gonna go with Cardiff anyway and keep my fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Cardif's lovely see you there perhaps

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.