Turn on thread page Beta

Interrail or drive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Group of about 5. All 21. Europe this summer.

Either we will buy a van between us, insure it for a month or so and drive around Europe. Or we will Interrail.

Reccommendations?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on a three month road trip around Europe (mostly East and South-East, think Croatia, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria etc) in August. Interrailing has never really appealed to me cos it seems harder to actually enjoy the countryside - I don't want to travel city to city and not be able to stop wherever looks good and go to beaches/lakes/mountains etc.

It would say it depends where you're going and what you're doing...if you want to go see Paris/Brussels/Amsterdam/Berlin etc, then you might as well just interrail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcamar)
    Group of about 5. All 21. Europe this summer.

Either we will buy a van between us, insure it for a month or so and drive around Europe. Or we will Interrail.

Reccommendations?
    That van idea sounds pretty bad ass, i would definitely do that considering that there are more of you and it gives you slightly more freedom!

ReputationRep:
    Van. Try not to get a really knackered one though!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I think van is the one. Just need to figure out whether its plausible - i.e. insurance, whether it'll fit everyone etc

Anyone have any idea how it could work. I think most standard Transits have 3 front seats so we'd need two fixed seats in the back, and maybe build some kind of bunkbed. What is the law on rear seating in a van...? Do they have to be fixed or can we just stick a garden bench in there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcamar)
    Yep I think van is the one. Just need to figure out whether its plausible - i.e. insurance, whether it'll fit everyone etc

Anyone have any idea how it could work. I think most standard Transits have 3 front seats so we'd need two fixed seats in the back, and maybe build some kind of bunkbed. What is the law on rear seating in a van...? Do they have to be fixed or can we just stick a garden bench in there...
    That actually made me lol.

Will you be volunteering to sit on the garden bench? I'd want a safe, secure seat. Maybe thats just me...

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.