Turn on thread page Beta

What do you and your partner argue about? watch

ReputationRep:
    Small rows, every now and then usually from me being unable to find something I didn't put back in place and then snapping at her or saying something anti-Welsh. Ends after an apology plus a kiss and hug.

More serious rows, these usually happen due to me doing one of her pet peeves or making her jealous. The pet peeves include me wasting food, spending too much on something, not spending enough time with her and the most common one me trying to renegotiate a previously settled issue. This one will end after she tells how it's going to be. Her jealousy... this one is the dangerous one, doesn't happen that often these days.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes he likes to use his beard to kind of scratch at part of my face and i don't like it because it's itchy so we fight.

We also once had an argument over who was better at ice skating (I am).

ReputationRep:
    My girl and I have only ever fought over money and sex...

But we have no problems with either at the moment, so we're ace.

ReputationRep:
    Never anything serious, really.
    Mainly food preferences...

ReputationRep:
    whether or not I'm cooking him steak, we bicker constantly in a...nice way? keeps him on his toes haha, but we don't really argue, maybe because we don't see each other too often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smophy)
    Biggest argument we ever had (which resulted in us not talking for three days) was over......*drum roll*.....a toothbrush!! haha
    Hahaha I love this, one of our biggest fights was over Asda/Tesco..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashapt)
    Hahaha I love this, one of our biggest fights was over Asda/Tesco..
    lol it's the little things that matter

Well the one that's about to happen today is the fact that last night I was terrified about having to go for a pregnancy test at the doctors today and he reassured me he would come with me, and he didn't show up this morning, rang and rang, no answer.. So had to go bymyself.

ReputationRep:
    We have arguments over him being so pernickety over the cleaning and stuff, sometimes. I'm tidy, and probably a little bit OCD with it but he takes it to a whole new level and it drives me insane. It took him half an hour to hoover my room once ¬_¬

Other than that, it's just when he's trying to protect me (money-wise, education-wise etc) and I think he's being OTT and I get peeved he's attempting to stop me from doing stuff.

Oh, and I had a hissy about the rugby the weekend before last as I was due to leave in three hours and he thought watching the match was more important...

ReputationRep:
    We only really argue when I'm being a grumpy ******* (usually in the mornings), or she's being oversensitive. There's usually no substance whatsoever involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiahoneybee)
    usually it's about me being such a girl e.g. Being sensitive, talking everything to heart, worrying about things. He's a lot more laid back than me and any arguments often come from the fact we find it hard to understand how/why the other person thinks the way they do. We don't argue much though, more so when we haven't seen each other for a while though (we're in an ldr).

(Original post by uzzy?)
    exactly this, its as if i've written it
    exactly this.

ReputationRep:
    The bloody toilet seat. Enough said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    Small rows, every now and then usually from me being unable to find something I didn't put back in place.
    This.

My gf is very good at remembering where things are (like, scary!) so I get mad because I can't find things then I ask her, but because I am mad I sound like im accusing her of hiding things lol. Though she does have a tendency to "tidy" things, ie move them to somewhere different and out of sight...

I don't like being teased (childhood, woo) but she loves it so I tease her all the time but if she tries to with me I get really grumpy and snap at her.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of stuff - but we've been together for a long time and don't really 'argue' any more like, if we have a problem we just sit down and talk about it until we sort it out

Making up afterwards is the best

ReputationRep:
    I hate arguing... about anything. This probably makes me very boring but I'm not amused by arguing one bit.

ReputationRep:
    We don't really argue, we have moments where we sulk with each other over little things like duvet, sides of the bed, food but after a while one of always comes for a cuddle - usually him!

ReputationRep:
    We don't really argue, we're both pretty laid back. Had a discussion about him smoking, which I don't like (taste icky and he has to stay out in the rain to finish it, which sucks, cos I see him so litte), but when it started to get too argue-ey I took a breath and calmed down - there's no point yelling at him, it doesn't solve it, I just tried to lay out my reasons sensibly. It's not worth arguing over the little things, or the big things, when you don't see each other that often. Thankfully, we don't have that much to argue about, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly in a relationship at the mo, though I'm still involved with someone and the main points of argument would be:

• Me not phoning enough/'caring' enough (content just to speak every few days @ LDR)
    • Me not wanting to hang out with her friends (much younger, and either jealous or think I'm a ********)
    • Me not wanting to go out and do stuff (mainly a factor of chronic ill health, albeit relatively mild)

She's a gem, puts up with a lot and is very understanding mind

(Original post by Monkey_Maiden)
    Him being on his PC all day playing games while I'm at work
    Someone needs to learn to crack teh whip!

(Original post by bobmarley88)
    Everything lol I love arguing he gets so angry then I make him feel really guilty ha sometimes I phone him just with the aim of starting an argument .. so fun .. :excited:
    *****es like this need a slap :rolleyes: Sorry to all the feminists out there but it's true

(Original post by chemical_bex)
    Atm, him being in the Army
    Tough one, one has to empathise with you both, but I would try to suck it up and be as supportive/non-dramatic as possible with my partner if they elected to serve their country, especially if/when on tour as they really need that support aye

(Original post by MovingOn)
    We have words over money (him wanting me to lend it to him)
    Opposite problem, she won't take any of mine even when she's in a pickle.. I think if you love someone you want them to be alright, in every sense - though I'd take a much harder line if I felt a partner was looking for handouts I must admit

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Last night I was terrified about having to go for a pregnancy test at the doctors today and he reassured me he would come with me, and he didn't show up this morning
    Sounds like he may be (ex)boyfriend material..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Opposite problem, she won't take any of mine even when she's in a pickle.. I think if you love someone you want them to be alright, in every sense - though I'd take a much harder line if I felt a partner was looking for handouts I must admit
    I'm the same as her, I just couldn't bring myself to borrow from a man, apart from daddy of course!

Don't get me wrong, if I had the money spare he would have it in an instant. He wants his own business and I'd love to win the lottery so I could set it up for him. But unfortunately I rely on my money heavily myself so have to scrape it together in the first place, and then have to wait years for it to be repaid (not an exaggeration, he managed to owe me around £100 for three years.) He took the last £40 I have until april two weeks ago and knowing this blew it on weed and alcohol, so I'm more than a little hesitant about when I lend to him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same as her, I just couldn't bring myself to borrow from a man, apart from daddy of course!
    Ours is/was a demi-paternal relationship though, me being older, more worldly, having a commanding personality etc - plus her old man's a jackass, to say that her family doesn't support her adequately is a massive understatement

Unfortunately I rely on my money heavily myself so have to scrape it together in the first place, and then have to wait years for it to be repaid (not an exaggeration, he managed to owe me around £100 for three years)
    Fairplay, he must have other sources to go to - mind you 100 squid ent much for a long term partner!- I've had mates who've owed this one (mug) like a G collectively for maybe 5 years at one time!

He took the last £40 I have until april two weeks ago and knowing this blew it on weed and alcohol, so I'm more than a little hesitant about when I lend to him
    Another lass who needs to learn to wield teh whip! :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.