Turn on thread page Beta

I'm not sure if I'm being irrational or not so I wanted to see what other people think.

I've been 'seeing' this girl for about a month (I'm male). We're not properly together, like in a relationship, but we've established we both like eachother. She texts me all the time and always texts me first. I met her at a local music event, bought her a drink and then added her on Facebook. We met again about a week later at a party and I got her number. It was a house party so sleeping conditions were pretty rough, but I slept with her in my arms (other people in room though).

That was a Friday. I asked her to the cinema on the following Wednesday and we met up and had a nice time. When she went she let me kiss her.

Then there was a gap of nearly 3 weeks before I saw her again. I asked her twice to meet at the weekends and both times she said yes, but on the day something came up (first time it was her parents, second time she had a headache).On the first occasion, she had told me 'we can do something in the week :-)' but she never got back to me on that one. I acted like it was fine. If she was genuinally ill I didn't want to be a **** about it. I did have doubts in my mind, and I did get pretty pissed that it appeared she blew me off twice, but hey.

I saw her on the Friday just gone at another gig (its a monthly thing). It was cool, we hugged and talked and stuff and everyone thought we were a couple. Someone had arranged for us to go out the next day to go to the beach and both of us were invitied, but she said she might not go because she had some coursework to do. When it came to it, she didn't come out. So I asked her if she wanted to come out the next day, and she said 'I really want to get this coursework done'. So we don't see eachother for like 3 weeks, and now it seems I won't see her for ages again.

I really like this girl, and we text every single day, but I never get to see her. I just don't know what to think really. Should I say something to her?

What I really want to know is the normal amount of time two people should spend together. Once a week, twice a week at least? Or is once a month okay? I just don't know. But 3 weeks does seem a long time to me, yet it doesn't seem to bother her a lot.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like maybe she's not as into it as you are :/ But maybe text her and just ask?

ReputationRep:
    Either it is "what the person above me said lol" or it is that shes really busy etc or that shes trying to play hard to get <<if its that you have to "play hard to get back" so that she starts "to feel the urge to see you, like you are right now for her". Or in simple words you should just ask her nicely on the phone whether everything is going to fast and if she prefers it that you two meet once every 2 weeks and then slowly build the relationship. Honestly speaking, it is very hard to tell from this angle whether she is rejecting you or want to be with you.

best of luck, do tell us what happend,

ReputationRep:
    If you are texting eachother everyday it's probably likely she's still interested, wait until she arranges something to you as that will tell you the truth.
    If she doesnt contact you then leave it, you dont wanna appear clingy but hopefully she will!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds nice ) 'I slept with her in my arms '.... :}
    It sounds like really nice story, but I guess you should just ask her, does she want serious relationship, because you like her, I hope she will answer you directly, and I hope everything gonna be fine
    I guess she fells really good with you, but maybe she has some other problems about what you both should talk
    yeah, so my opinion is TALK! Don't hide what you think and ask her for answers

GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she is busy and needs to get her coursework done.

ReputationRep:
    She has probably found another guy who is better looking, funnier, and smarter than you are.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, it was the 3 week gap. By not instigating you meet during this period, she's probably thinking you want to play the game and she's playing it well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.