Turn on thread page Beta

Teeth Whitening watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone know's of any good teeth whitening products that they have used, as I am too poor to have my teeth professionally bleached hahaa! Thankssss xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I hear the enzymes in semen take away plaque... you could always raid a sperm bank.

ReputationRep:
    errrr..thanks hahaa

ReputationRep:
    Try whitening strips they are pretty effective

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canimakeit)
    Try whitening strips they are pretty effective
    any specific ones that are good ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rqcm)
    any specific ones that are good ?
    Crest whitestrips supreme

I used them after drinking way too much coffee during exams last year they are quite effective. However the best option is to go to your dentist it's just they are super expensive.

http://www.teethwhiteningreviews.com/item.php?id=14

ReputationRep:
    Baking Soda is what you're looking for OP.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks might check them out! And does baking soda actually work?

ReputationRep:
    Baking soda can seriously damage your teeth and gums make sure to DILUTE it

ReputationRep:
    I've heard about it but haven't got any personal experience of using it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canimakeit)
    Baking soda can seriously damage your teeth and gums make sure to DILUTE it
    Wow, didn't know that.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i've heard about it, don't know if it actually works and if it's damaging and doesn't work doesn't really seem worth it haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycake93)
    I hear the enzymes in semen take away plaque... you could always raid a sperm bank.
    No wonder women always have nice teeth.

ReputationRep:
    meh!!!!! It won't be anymore damaging that the any other product as long as you use it in moderate amaount. Saying that, I think you'll have to use it for a prolonged time so maybe a teeth whitening product will be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rqcm)
    yeah i've heard about it, don't know if it actually works and if it's damaging and doesn't work doesn't really seem worth it haha!
    your italics make it seem like you're on a high and talking really really really really fast

ReputationRep:
    "white glow"

its an everyday toothpaste, it was quite cheap and i noticed my teeth being whiter.

alternatively you could always get it done professionally, might be more expensive though

ReputationRep:
    Baking soda + ash
    Baking soda + lemon juice

That's the ones I know of however add water to the mixture because if you use it pure your gums could start to bleed. I haven't really tried it but I was curious so did some reading up on it and there is some risk it can also leave your teeth sensitive.

ReputationRep:
    Crest Whitestrips are banned from sale here for a reason. They absolutely destroy your teeth and will give you sensitivity problems.

I use a gumshield/tray system by Ice Whites, its £30 from my local beauty salon and comes with 2 trays, and 2 syringes of the whitening gel. I've had mine a month and have nearly ran out now. They recommend you leave them in for 15-45 minutes, and you do notice a difference although i'd imagine if your teeth are really badly stained you'll need to go through 2 kits. I've even slept in mine before and haven't encountered problems with sensitivity. No quick fix but use them for an hour daily and you should see results in a week. The dental gel stuff is pretty much the exact same as what they use in the dentists for tray treatments.

ReputationRep:
    Crest white strips work for me. Just order them on ebay or something

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.