Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is this exam just learn and regurgitate??
    coz i can do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmy303)
    I thought the same thing but let it slide since how I wrote it is how it was stated in the Jan 10 mark scheme.

I've looked into it and I can't find a single mention of the conventional representation of a hydrogen fuel cell anywhere in any text book or online source :confused: Don't know if it's an AQA mess up or we're missing something.
    Jan 10 markscheme says this:
    Pt|H2(g)|OH–(aq),H2O(l)||O2(g) |H2O(l),OH–(aq)|Pt ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony_x)
    Jan 10 markscheme says this:
    Pt|H2(g)|OH–(aq),H2O(l)||O2(g) |H2O(l),OH–(aq)|Pt ....
    Meh. I typed it out from one tab to another. I got H2O and O2 mixed up. At least we got it sorted...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben10)
    hey guys how would you work out weather smething is acting like a lewis acid .. would the ox state decrease
    Usually metal complex ions are lewis acids

A lewis acid is an electron pair acceptor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveheart120)
    is this exam just learn and regurgitate??
    coz i can do that
    A few chapters are, the rest is application. But yes there is an awful lot of rote learning.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of complex colours that need to be learned is rediculous...... well over 50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willyg11)
    The amount of complex colours that need to be learned is rediculous...... well over 50
    I know just break them into small chunks, create a spider diagram for each TM adding reagent + product(formation of colours and their equation),i find it easy to memorise this way..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_habib)
    I know just break them into small chunks, create a spider diagram for each TM adding reagent + product(formation of colours and their equation),i find it easy to memorise this way..
    Yeah The Chromium's are still shockers!

ReputationRep:
    I learnt my colours using 6 chunks. By remembering each metal ion as well as the 5/6 things that can be added to. Each time something is asked in a question I associate each reaction with a number 1 - 5/6 I find it quite easy to remember it that way. Also guys don't forget about [CuCl2]^2- and [CoCl4]^2- I think that's what the charges are...

ReputationRep:
    I am very worried about the huge number of 6 markers at the end of the paper...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah The Chromium's are still shockers!
    Cr gives you bit of headache, esp when it reacts with H2O2, H+, Zn/H2SO4, CO32- , excess of OH- and NH3 i guess the last two easy peasy

ReputationRep:
    :eek: over 50? my table only has about 40?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkly-Star)
    I am very worried about the huge number of 6 markers at the end of the paper...
    might be calc. finding no. of moles , mass , % ..

ReputationRep:
    (CuCl4)2- is yellow-green and (CoCl4)2- is blue?

I think i count about 50:s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_habib)
    might be calc. finding no. of moles , mass , % ..
    love these q's

ReputationRep:
    love these q's
    i've done a few of them bt need to do more tomorrow..

ReputationRep:
    really tired

ReputationRep:
    Need to review all chapters + extra questions + past papers + bit of unit 1/2 synoptic. I doubt anything from unit 4 would come up...

I keep forgetting chapter 15/16 though. They're so damn long.

ReputationRep:
    Jan 2010 - 3.b/c how do you decide which one to use? Is this something we should have learnt from the book?

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or is the Jan 2010 paper the hardest out of them all?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.