Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkly-Star)
    Jan 2010 - 3.b/c how do you decide which one to use? Is this something we should have learnt from the book?
    Hey, I think we need to know the hydrogen oxygen fuel cell in detail because the spec says:-

understand the electrode reactions of a hydrogen-oxygen
    fuel cell and appreciate that a fuel cell does not need to be
    electrically recharged
    I hate chapter 14 the most as its really wishy-washy in terms of what we need to know :mad:

Anyway hope that helps to some extent, you choose eqns 1 and 3, I think its just a matter of learning that those two equations are for the hydrogen oxygen full cell.

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or is the Jan 2010 paper the hardest out of them all?
    Nope it's not just you I nearly cried when i saw the titration question, thankfully they get better in June 10 and Jan 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodOl'CharlieB)
    Nope it's not just you I nearly cried when i saw the titration question, thankfully they get better in June 10 and Jan 11
    And those 6 markers, they never end. :cry2: I hope the paper stays like June 10/ Jan 11 they are much more do - able!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I think we need to know the hydrogen oxygen fuel cell in detail because the spec says:-

I hate chapter 14 the most as its really wishy-washy in terms of what we need to know :mad:

Anyway hope that helps to some extent, you choose eqns 1 and 3, I think its just a matter of learning that those two equations are for the hydrogen oxygen full cell.
    Ugh, I really am clueless as what to revise in 14.4! But I am definitely going to learn about the fuel cell, let's just hope it doesn't come up again... Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone doing last day revision?

ReputationRep:
    what do we need to know about rechargable and non-rechargable cells, are we required to know those equations ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_cake)
    I just posted that on the last page. :p: It's a pain because I have forgotten everything!

ReputationRep:
    Also remember to learn the HSW everyone! Especially chapter 15!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know the following reactions, i can't find them anywhere

reduction of Cr2O7 by zinc in acid solution
    know the oxidation of Co2+ by air in ammoniacal solution
    know the oxidation in alkaline solution of Co2+
    and Cr3+ by H2O2

copied straight from spec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eharrison93)
    Does anybody know the following reactions, i can't find them anywhere

reduction of Cr2O7 by zinc in acid solution
    know the oxidation of Co2+ by air in ammoniacal solution
    know the oxidation in alkaline solution of Co2+
    and Cr3+ by H2O2

copied straight from spec
    Should be in your NT book.

ReputationRep:
    Also remember to learn the HSW everyone! Especially chapter 15!!
    What HSW :confused:

(Original post by al_habib)
    what do we need to know about rechargable and non-rechargable cells, are we required to know those equations ??
    We need to know a few advantages and disadvantages and the hydrogen fuel cell in detail

(Original post by strawberry_cake)
    I'm going through each chapter, writing the notes by heart, doing the summary and exam style questions as well as those in the booklets my teachers gave me and the ones on aqa

it never ends :cry2: wbu?

ReputationRep:
    What HSW :confused:

We need to know a few advantages and disadvantages and the hydrogen fuel cell in detail

I'm going through each chapter, writing the notes by heart, doing the summary and exam style questions as well as those in the booklets my teachers gave me and the ones on aqa

it never ends :cry2: wbu?
    Do you have the NT book? There is loads of stuff like haemoglobin, cis -platin and all that. Just have an idea what they are etc.

ReputationRep:
    What grades do you guys need to get? I need to get about 70+/100.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the NT book? There is loads of stuff like haemoglobin, cis -platin and all that. Just have an idea what they are etc.
    Oh phew, yeah they are in the spec and bio really helps with the haemoglobin stuff. Thanks for reminding me

ReputationRep:
    Oh phew, yeah they are in the spec and bio really helps with the haemoglobin stuff. Thanks for reminding me
    Since they've already asked us about cis - platin/haem, I think EDTA might be one they could ask this time.

ReputationRep:
    Since they've already asked us about cis - platin/haem, I think EDTA might be one they could ask this time.
    Do you think they will ask us to draw it
    Let's all hope not :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they will ask us to draw it
    Let's all hope not :cry:
    Doubt it, they could ask you to identify where the lone pairs are as seen in a past question but that's it. Draw it, you'll see it is very easy.

ReputationRep:
    I just posted that on the last page. :p: It's a pain because I have forgotten everything!
    Just read it..Sounds like a plan Same here, I don't know where to begin..I've had quite a few exams and havent done chem since a while and I've sort of forgotten everything too :/. I've got a few bits of the syllabus that I still need to go over, like the fuel cells and batteries and uses etc. What do we actually need to know about that? And theres a lot of memory stuff, and I keep forgetting my equations for periodicity and colours for the table etc so I think I'm going to try and cram in as many past papers as I can today to practice...then go through spec before sleeping... or so I say ;p..sooo much to do

ReputationRep:
    I have a question...
    Does the side at which the electrode is on have an effect on waht occurs at that electrode,
    i.e. at the left electrode oxidation takes place
    and at the right electrode reduction takes place?

ReputationRep:
    you guys have you done ALL the past papers i mean from 2002-2011

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.