Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeElizabeth)
    anyonee?
    Mean Bond Enthalpies are over a range of compounds where as Born are actual experimental values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rrelish)
    How do we know that the element carbon (diamond) would have an entropy value of 0 when its 0 K / -273C / absolute zero....
    My teacher said the answer was 'By Definition'
    But yeah you can say maximum order or perfect order.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, which chapter do you think is the easiest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rrelish)
    How do we know that the element carbon (diamond) would have an entropy value of 0 when its 0 K / -273C / absolute zero....
    At absolute zero, there is zero disorder as the particles hve no energy, this means entropy is zero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
    Ah great, that's pretty much what I know. Thanks and good luck for tomorrow!
    Thanks a lot (I'll need it )
    Good luck to you to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God Help Me)
    Thermodynamics

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain, in redox equilibria, how to tackle questions when they asked you whether a certain substance would be oxidised by something else? the answer is like its not a strong enough reducing agent, or oxidising agent, but I just don't understand why! i keep getting the answers wrong to those questions!

ReputationRep:
    I can't do electrochemical cells, at all :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel1992)
    does temperature increase always increase entropy
    I think so

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just incase you haven't seen these yet, check out the notes on this thread for Unit 5. They're good for a quick recap.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1288539

I hope the exam is okay tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the monstrosity (a.k.a BIOL5 paper) that AQA unleashed on us yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duskflower)
    Can someone please explain, in redox equilibria, how to tackle questions when they asked you whether a certain substance would be oxidised by something else? the answer is like its not a strong enough reducing agent, or oxidising agent, but I just don't understand why! i keep getting the answers wrong to those questions!
    What question and what paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God Help Me)
    Entropy!

I absolutely hate redox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king101)
    Mean Bond Enthalpies are over a range of compounds where as Born are actual experimental values.
    thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duskflower)
    Loo at the E cell values. If the value is more positive then it is a stronger oxidising agent and vice versa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colabottles)
    I can't do electrochemical cells, at all :cry:
    Just spent the last 2 hours revising them. Think I may finally understand them :/. Now to do a last minute check of the colours

ReputationRep:
    colours colours colours colours

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain in words why a reaction with a negative entropy and which is exothermic won't be feasible at higher temperatures?

ReputationRep:
    good luck my fellow chemists i hope your exams are not as bad as the OCR chemistry one! F325 ONE GOSH! - PREPARE FOR THE WORST LADIES + GENTS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_cake)
    Does anyone have the jan06,07,08 papers please? I can't find them
    http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQ...ers%20home.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeElizabeth)
    anyonee?
    enthalpy cycles are just simple born haber cycles.
    It just means that the mean bond enthalpy is the average bond dissociation energy over lots of different compounds. Where as enthalpy cycles are specific bond energys. so more accurate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.