Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king101)
    Yeah i realsied that after i posted :P
    dont worry i get it perfectly now thankx

ReputationRep:
    seen as its my last exam, do you think it would be ok doin and part-all nighter like 2 hours sleep??? jus to really go for it???

ReputationRep:
    thank goodness for cgp it explains the confusing parts in NT so well in a few pages, compared to NT in like 10!!!

ReputationRep:
    i really hope there is a born haber cycle usually like 8 marks and they are so easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel1992)
    seen as its my last exam, do you think it would be ok doin and part-all nighter like 2 hours sleep??? jus to really go for it???
    Nope, Always get a good nights sleep.

ReputationRep:
    For explaining why entropy is 0 at 0K you can get the mark for saying it is by definition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gildartz)
    remember that atomisation results in one mole of product, but bond dissociation is to do with breaking one mole of bonds, so you can end up with 2 moles of product. In the exam they may just write enthalpy of atomisation of Cl2 for example instead of how you set it out.
    Can you please explain this dissociation/Enthalpy of... I hate it :P Only part im a little confused on

ReputationRep:
    I meant for the jan ones

ReputationRep:
    How would you represent a hydrogen fuel cell using the || conventional method?

ReputationRep:
    can they ask calculate the maximum temperature at which the reaction is feasible, how would this be different from the minimum?

ReputationRep:
    Quick question - you know with cell emf, the RHS electrode flips the LHS electrode reaction over. So is the RHS-LHS equation effectively flipping the numbers around for you?

+1 rep for an explanation because this is totally blagging my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NRican)
    How would you represent a hydrogen fuel cell using the || conventional method?
    Oops sorry, misread what you were asking

ReputationRep:
    I'll join you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colabottles)
    Quick question - you know with cell emf, the RHS electrode flips the LHS electrode reaction over. So is the RHS-LHS equation effectively flipping the numbers around for you?

+1 rep for an explanation because this is totally blagging my head
    RHS-LHS is working out the difference between the electrodes.

It doesn't flip it over, doing the reverse reaction does not change the potential of the reaction, it would remain +ve/-ve.

ReputationRep:
    So Pt is used in conventional cell diagrams if there is no solid? Someone said this yesterday. :p: Just wanna confirm. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_cake)
    I'll join you
    I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke0011)
    RHS-LHS is working out the difference between the electrodes.

It doesn't flip it over, doing the reverse reaction does not change the potential of the reaction, it would remain +ve/-ve.
    Thank you!!

Lol you have actually cleared so much up for me, my problem with every single question I've done was not understanding that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_cake)
    I'll join you
    crappy bio revision is ruining it for chem5 im doing an all nighter too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colabottles)
    Thank you!!

Lol you have actually cleared so much up for me, my problem with every single question I've done was not understanding that
    can you explain this i'm slight confuzzled myself?

ReputationRep:
    can you explain this i'm slight confuzzled myself?
    Explain why I was confused?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.