Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Van_der_Waals)
    All that time I spent learning that table of 6billion different colour changes, and there was only one measly 3 mark question on it!
    Thought it was quite a nice paper though, which makes a change for AQA :p:
    Haha yeah, and the easiest one out of all the colours to remember >.<

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought it was alright. What worries me is that the grade boundaries are going to be a fair bit higher than say January's paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Van_der_Waals)
    All that time I spent learning that table of 6billion different colour changes, and there was only one measly 3 mark question on it!
    Thought it was quite a nice paper though, which makes a change for AQA :p:
    haha yeah rite been reciting them for weeks then only last question was half about them it was quite a good paper i see your applying for physics too did you enjoy the 6 marks for energy level changing and E=hf I was loving that page :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a bad paper, found it slightly harder than the past papers If I'm being honest. I know I've dropped most of the marks from the percentage question as I had a mind blank over which equation to use for potassium dichromate Realised as my paper was taken off of me. Hoping to pick up a mark or two for my moles calculations though :/.

Some nasty electrode potential questions too, but other than that it was an alright paper

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the titration?

I got 53.9% I think...

ReputationRep:
    ^^^Yeah I found the potentials question the hardest. What did everyone put for graph X?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
    What did people get for the titration?

I got 53.9% I think...
    Think I got 53.66% so 53.7% ish something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    ^^^Yeah I found the potentials question the hardest. What did everyone put for graph X?
    A hydrogen fuel cell? Constant reaction happening because of constant input of oxygen and hydrogen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrppaulo)
    A hydrogen fuel cell? Constant reaction happening because of constant input of oxygen and hydrogen?
    That's what I put too :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrppaulo)
    Thank God for that. Yeah, that's what I put - almost makes up for my stupid mistake on the first question: me giving the definition of delta H formation instead of lattice enthalpy

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the conventional cell representation of Zn/Zn2+ and AgO/Ag?

ReputationRep:
    Thank God for that. Yeah, that's what I put - almost makes up for my stupid mistake on the first question: me giving the definition of delta H formation instead of lattice enthalpy
    ... oh no... I'm gonna pretend I never read this :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M | k e)
    Think I got 53.66% so 53.7% ish something like that.
    yeah, that sounds right.. I would've got the same.. if I REMEMBERED TO MULTIPLY BY 6!!

Haha, exam fail :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMuffin)
    What did you guys get for the conventional cell representation of Zn/Zn2+ and AgO/Ag?
    Can't remember exactly but something like Zn(s)|Zn2+(aq)||AgO(s),Ag(s)

ReputationRep:
    No more chemistry !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Zn / Zn2+ // AgO / Ag Then I calculated the EMF as being +1.1V

ReputationRep:
    That was one which I really wasnt sure on I put:

Zn l Zn2+ ll H+ l AgO,Ag

However i have a feeling i should have included the water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazii)
    No more chemistry !!!!!
    no more anything for me now

ReputationRep:
    Zn / Zn2+ // AgO / Ag Then I calculated the EMF as being +1.1V
    Okay I was thinking that I should leave out the H+ and H20 parts in the cell do you think I'll lose a mark for putting H+ in? I know in one past paper it said ignore H+ if used?

ReputationRep:
    Also, there was another weird question like "describe an experiment to show that Aluminium oxide contained ions?" I really just put down random rubbish there just as the invigilator told us to put our pens down.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.