Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the % at the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M | k e)
    No I think you had to reverse the sign of the lattice of formation to get lattice of dissociation first, then add this value to the Ca2+ hydration and 2 times the F- hydration. Ended up with some small negative, like ~ -50 ish?
    ah dammit. yeah a lot of people got that, and for the mean enthalpy could you do products - reactants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    what did people get for the % at the end?
    53.7% ish I think

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did, 0.5N2 + 3/2 H2 -> NH3 got like -99.5 if I'm remembering the right question
    yup. nearly caught me out though. i worked out 2 moles at first!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    dammit. i put hydrogen fuel cell
    Thats right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    yes you were correct. what was your lattice enthalpy value. i got -51 (i think)
    yup i got that too!

you know the ethanedioate structure...was it 3 ethanedioates bonded to the Cu??

a friend said we had to show water but im sure the question said we didn't...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subsist)
    Hey did people divide the ammonia equation by 2 cause it asked for one mole?
    Yep I realised that about 15 minutes from the end, thank god I had time to check, so happy I did, would've probably lost 4-5 marks from those 2 questions which required it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleo101)
    ah dammit. yeah a lot of people got that, and for the mean enthalpy could you do products - reactants?
    Yeah I did products-reactants.

Or if you meant mean bond enthalpy, bonds broken-bonds formed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did, 0.5N2 + 3/2 H2 -> NH3 got like -99.5 if I'm remembering the right question
    Epic dude i got that exact answer and a positive AG which means reaction aint feasibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SCHOOLS OVER YEAH ROY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    yup i got that too!

We had to show the water in the equation on the first part of the question, but not with drawing the bonds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    yup i got that too!

Question said 4 water molecules got removed, so I think it was [Cu(C2O4)2(H20)2]2-+4H20.

Giving co-ordinate number of 6 and octahedral shape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirlo)
    We had to show the water in the equation on the first part of the question, but not with drawing the bonds
    oh ok...whats the equation then??

Im :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirlo)
    I put melt it and pass an electrical current through it. If it had ions it would conduct electricity :/
    I'm hoping this is a case of great minds think alike!

I have a horrible feeling they'll say that that would be 'infeasible' in a lab scenario though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    yup i got that too!

Each ethane dioate bonds twice, and two water molecules were left so it should have been two molecules of ethane dioate I think. Makes the coordination number 6.

Water wasn't needed on the diagram, it was bolded quite heavily in thequestion lol

ReputationRep:
    Question said 4 water molecules got removed, so I think it was [Cu(C2O4)2(H20)2]2-+4H20.

i dunno why but when it said ionic equation it confused me. was the equation for this question still the same or did you have to remove ions

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the bond angle?

ReputationRep:
    right ok...

iv got the equation wrong then...but the coordination number and shape was right

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did products-reactants.

Or if you meant mean bond enthalpy, bonds broken-bonds formed.
    yeaa i think for the 2h2 + n2 ---> 2nh3 question or whatever was that not products - reactants or other way round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    i dunno why but when it said ionic equation it confused me. was the equation for this question still the same or did you have to remove ions
    Oh yeah I noticed it said Ionic equation too, but really couldn't be bothered figuring out if it made a different so just wrote the standard equation. Laziness of last exam kicked in

ReputationRep:

this equation gave a complex with 2- right? please say yes!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.