Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usmana)
    u know for the 5 marker at the end i divided by 6 instead of timsing it by 6 hay many marks will i lose all of them
    Probably only one or 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikkels88)
    sulphur burns with a blue flame...

what did people put for the emf graph questions? Could you simply say a non-rechargeable cell? :/

also, i just did the full Al203 equations instead of the ionic ones (couldnt get the Cl- and H+'s to work in the HCl one lol) reckon thats ok? i mean its the same equation tbh...
    I was about to just guess at something like NiMH or lithium, but then it occurred to me that they might be talking about a hydrogen fuel cell, since those can run constantly if you keep supplying fuel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    What did you guys put as the most powerful reducing agent from the table?
    Zn (s) because its the most readily oxidised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    What did you guys put as the most powerful reducing agent from the table?
    I put Zinc

ReputationRep:
    Gahhh for the hydrogen fuel cell I just put fuel cell because that's all it says in the CGP book. :/

I then explained it in the next question in terms of it being a hydrogen fuel cell.

Reckon I'll get marked down for this?

ReputationRep:
    Did that Al2O3 ask for ionic equation? If so, how many marks was the question?

ReputationRep:
    what was the hydrogen fuel cell question???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willyg11)
    Was the enthalpy of solution negative or positive?

Also was the best reducing agent Zinc?

Only one colour! annoying!
    I got it as negative (-55?)
    Err, was zinc the most negative one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betsss)
    Zince was the most negative yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biologyman)
    Gahhh for the hydrogen fuel cell I just put fuel cell because that's all it says in the CGP book. :/

I then explained it in the next question in terms of it being a hydrogen fuel cell.

Reckon I'll get marked down for this?
    I doubt it! the question probably just wanted you to say fuel cell to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betsss)
    Great that's what I put I was toying at the end with +55 through rearranging the equation.

Put Zinc too, always get worried with the redox questions that I get the whole question wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crowned Temmy)
    Did that Al2O3 ask for ionic equation? If so, how many marks was the question?
    yes. i didnt do an ionic one tho. pretty sure that each equatio was only one mark

ReputationRep:
    FML reading this is depressing me....

ReputationRep:
    oops..I got the sulfur question wrong..But I got similar answers for the rest of them.

ReputationRep:
    I think the grade boundaries will be around 82 for A* and 73 for A. I did quite well on this actually hoping for 115 UMS??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willyg11)
    Great that's what I put I was toying at the end with +55 through rearranging the equation.

Put Zinc too, always get worried with the redox questions that I get the whole question wrong
    i got -51 i think. maybe i typed it in wrong on the calc. should still get method marks tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biologyman)
    Zince was the most negative yeah.
    Do you know where zinc was in the table? I picked something from the lowest down in the table, don't think that was zinc though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albsy)
    Do you know where zinc was in the table? I picked something from the lowest down in the table, don't think that was zinc though....
    Was at the top I think, think the silver half equations were at the bottom, with water second from top?

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys put for the explanation on the hydrogen fuel cell qu and how many marks was it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    i got -51 i think. maybe i typed it in wrong on the calc. should still get method marks tho
    Yeah. To be honest, I could be worng lol. If not i'm sure only -1

I actually could've got that.... 50 something:P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.