Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indifferencepersonified)
    I put that one of the reactions wasn't reversible so the reactants couldn't be reformed.
    please tell me what question this was coz i think ive missed it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    i don't even remember this qu!where was it?
    It was the 3rd bit of the electrode potentials and it suggest one reason why this cell could not be recharged ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    I think the question was something along the lines of "Why can't this cell be recharged."

ReputationRep:
    I've now know I have to READ THE ****ING QUESTION, after that exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    there was a question where you had to say why flourine would oxidise water, and given an equation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterCress)
    I think the question was something along the lines of "Why can't this cell be recharged."
    was it for the lead one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betsss)
    there was a question where you had to say why flourine would oxidise water, and given an equation
    i dont remember doing that! i think ive missed out a page although i checked that i'd done everything. where abouts was it. all i remember was a qu at the beggining with F- ions being hydrated with water

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the "How do the fluoride ions interact with the water?" Or something a long the lines.

I put that the fluoride ions act as a lewis base :s

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for /\E =hv
    I've given back my chemistry textbook so I haven't been able to check.

ReputationRep:
    After people writing both ionic and fu equations for the AlCl3 one, who thinks you would get the mark for doing it wrong and writing the full equation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    What did people put for the "How do the fluoride ions interact with the water?" Or something a long the lines.

I put that the fluoride ions act as a lewis base :s
    LOL i wrote some crap about hydrogen bonding... h bonds form between electronegative F, and electropositive hydrogen on the water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spocckka)
    After people writing both ionic and fu equations for the AlCl3 one, who thinks you would get the mark for doing it wrong and writing the full equation?
    I think people who wrote full equations might lose the mark. The question did say ionic equations, so technically its wrong if you write the full equation, but they might accept correct full equations as well?

(Original post by Cheddar)
    What did people write for /\E =hv
    I've given back my chemistry textbook so I haven't been able to check.
    In terms of Cu2+ electrons, I put E is the difference in energy levels when the electron de-excites, h is the Planck's constant, and v is the frequency of the photon emitted. Its actually E=hf, I dunno why v is used instead of f in chemistry, as its just complicating things..
    Easiest 3 marks if you do physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spocckka)
    Why would you get the mark for doing it wrong/writing the full equation? The question clearly asked for the ionic equations, and to be honest if you knew the full equations it was really easy to work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    Why would you get the mark for doing it wrong/writing the full equation? The question clearly stated the ionic equations, and to be honest if you knew the full equations it was really easy to work out.
    hehe what were the ionic equations?

ReputationRep:
    Also, do people remember getting a Delta G value of + 33.6?
    and a temp of 298.3?

ReputationRep:
    What was the equation of flourine in water?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manni12)
    Was this question at the beginning? im really confused as i dont remember it but i didn't miss out anything as i checked it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manni12)
    I swear we didn't have to write an equation for that, just describe the interactions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betsss)
    Also, do people remember getting a Delta G value of + 33.6?
    and a temp of 298.3?
    i think my delta G value was 20.5???

i got the units wrong though i think...

what did everyone get for the enthalpy of formation (using the bond enthalpies) of the ammonia??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    i think my delta G value was 20.5???

i got the units wrong though i think...

what did everyone get for the enthalpy of formation (using the bond enthalpies) of the ammonia??
    -38 i think

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.