Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    Yeah I actually began writing down the full equations first before I saw the word "ionic"
    Reading the question has always been my problem .. hey ho, I think ill still manage to get a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    does anyone know the UMS marks for EACH module (i.e. empa's and exam)...at AS and A2..

just trying to work out what grade i might be expecting...

thanks!
    tpQA ums a2 converter on google and it should help you

ReputationRep:
    It was 33600Jmol^-1 or 33.6kJmol^-1

If you used the value they gave you you got answer in the 40000s (I think).
    yes! me too

ReputationRep:
    I didn't notice the ionic equation thing either D: Ah well. I realise I gain marks for something I thought I did wrong and then lose whatever I've gained by not reading another question properly:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It was 33600Jmol^-1 or 33.6kJmol^-1

If you used the value they gave you you got answer in the 40000s (I think).
    if i forgot to divide it by two...no marks???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betsss)
    yeah, i got that too, apart from AlCl3 (as Cl has a 1- charge)
    and divided the 2nd equation by 2, as its the simplified ratio
    Does the Na+ get cancelled out as a spectator ion?, because im pretty sure the point of that eqn is that it produces a sodium/aluminium salt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrLukee)
    Does the Na+ get cancelled out as a spectator ion?, because im pretty sure the point of that eqn is that it produces a sodium/aluminium salt?
    the Na+ ion is "unchanged" in terms of oxidation state, so it acts as a spectator ion ( i think)

ReputationRep:
    Also, do people remember getting a Delta G value of + 33.6?
    and a temp of 298.3?
    I got your temp, but I cant say if I got 33.6 or not :/

ReputationRep:
    the Na+ ion is "unchanged" in terms of oxidation state, so it acts as a spectator ion ( i think)
    I suppose so, that sounds about right to me

ReputationRep:
    Well this has ruined my summer.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I lose if I didn't divide the moles by 2. Technically I would get the next question wrong aswell as we had to use the answer from the question above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fsaeed20)
    How many marks would I lose if I didn't divide the moles by 2. Technically I would get the next question wrong aswell as we had to use the answer from the question above.
    one most likely
    and youd get an E.C.F

ReputationRep:
    CAN SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    if i forgot to divide it by two...no marks???
    You'll get method marks, so maybe 1/3 or 2/3 depending on how they do it (I think it was out of three?)

I was under the impression that you'd only get full marks if you used the correct answer, or the value they gave you, as it would be a nightmare for examiners to work out calculations to figure out of people have been using the right method with their incorrect answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrLukee)
    one most likely
    and youd get an E.C.F
    Are you sure aqa give error carried forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fsaeed20)
    Are you sure aqa give error carried forward.
    Yeah, its in the old mark schemes

ReputationRep:
    Can someone answer my question?

If I did really well in my AS units - I got around 90 UMS - and did quite good in Unit 4 - say around 90, what would I be able to get away with in this module? Like could I get a B/C and still get an A overall?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duskflower)

If I did really well in my AS units - I got around 90 UMS - and did quite good in Unit 4 - say around 90, what would I be able to get away with in this module? Like could I get a B/C and still get an A overall?

Thanks x
    It really just depends on how many ums marks you have in total

ReputationRep:

Thanks x
    overall u need 480/600 for an A

thats out of all ur modules

ReputationRep:

Thanks x
    I'm going to assume you mean 90%? Because 90/140 UMS for Unit 2 is a C grade, and 90/120 for Unit 4 is only a B.

If you got around 90% in all the modules, then it would be something like this:

Unit 1 - 90
    Unit 2 - 126
    Unit 4 - 108
    Unit 3 and 6 I'll assume you got around 80%, as they are pretty difficult, so 96.

480/600 is an A overall, so...

480 - (90+126+108+96) = 60 UMS, which is a D grade.

If you got 90 UMS in all modules, then:

480 - (90+90+90+90) = 120, which is full marks, though I don't think you meant this

To be honest, you could just go onto the AQA website and use the UMS converter to figure out what kind of UMS you think you have so far, and how much you would need for the grade you want.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.