Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    I'm going to assume you mean 90%? Because 90/140 UMS for Unit 2 is a C grade, and 90/120 for Unit 4 is only a B.

If you got around 90% in all the modules, then it would be something like this:

Unit 1 - 90
    Unit 2 - 126
    Unit 4 - 108
    Unit 3 and 6 I'll assume you got around 80%, as they are pretty difficult, so 96.

480/600 is an A overall, so...

480 - (90+126+108+96) = 60 UMS, which is a D grade.

If you got 90 UMS in all modules, then:

480 - (90+90+90+90) = 120, which is full marks, though I don't think you meant this

To be honest, you could just go onto the AQA website and use the UMS converter to figure out what kind of UMS you think you have so far, and how much you would need for the grade you want.
    Thank you so much. This is amazing, and it means I can enjoy my summer without feeling like I'm definitely going to miss my grade! (there is still a chance of course) I did mean 90% and I love how you predicted unit 3 and 6 (and they were pretty much spot on). The UMS converter confuses me so much

Just one question, Isn't Unit 5 out of 140?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get T = 298 K for one of the questions?

ReputationRep:
    How did people write the cell representation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunflowerGirl)
    yup i got that...

quite a few people did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betsss)
    Also, do people remember getting a Delta G value of + 33.6?
    and a temp of 298.3?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duskflower)
    Thank you so much. This is amazing, and it means I can enjoy my summer without feeling like I'm definitely going to miss my grade! (there is still a chance of course) I did mean 90% and I love how you predicted unit 3 and 6 (and they were pretty much spot on). The UMS converter confuses me so much

Just one question, Isn't Unit 5 out of 140?
    I'm glad A D grade or above in Unit 5 is a piece of cake for someone with your current UMS scores, so no need to worry and have a good summer

(And Unit 5 is out of 120, as Unit 4 is also out of 120; Unit 2 is out of 140 because Unit 1 is out of 100, so it all balances out to 600 UMS in total when you include the practical units)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)

(Original post by kabolin)
    this

Was it something like: |Zn(s)|Zn^2+(aq)||Ag2O(s), Ag(s)|?

ReputationRep:
    Was it something like: |Zn(s)|Zn^2+(aq)||Ag2O(s), Ag(s)|?
    I put h+

ReputationRep:
    which question asked to work out delta G?

was it the one where the temperature answer was 298?

can someone go through it...my minds gone blank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artykid23)
    I put h+
    Oh...wasn't it asking about Zinc and Silver? To be honest I didn't think much about the question and kinda did it in 15 seconds I never figured out how to do it properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artykid23)
    I put h+
    so did i...i think i put water - wasn't thinking at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunflowerGirl)
    Me! I first I was like wow. Then redid calculations and it seemed right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    which question asked to work out delta G?

can someone go through it...my minds gone blank
    The one where the temperature was 298K was where they told you delta G = 0 I believe, and they gave you the values of delta H and S.

The one where you had to work out delta G consisted of working out the enthalpy change of ammonia that is formed in the haber process, and also working out a value for delta S. I think delta H was -38 or something, and delta S was 99.5?

Anyway, you had to use these and the given temperature (800K) to figure out the delta S value, which would come to 33600Jmol-1 or 33.6kJmol-1, or some value in the 40000s if you used the value they had given you incase you didn't figure it out in the previous question.

Two different questions, though the 298K one was on page 3, and the delta G one was on pages 4 and 5, if I remember correctly, so they were close together.

ReputationRep:
    The one where the temperature was 298K was where they told you delta G = 0 I believe, and they gave you the values of delta H and S.

The one where you had to work out delta G consisted of working out the enthalpy change of ammonia that is formed in the haber process, and also working out a value for delta S. I think delta H was -38 or something, and delta S was 99.5?

Anyway, you had to use these and the given temperature (800K) to figure out the delta S value, which would come to 33600Jmol-1 or 33.6kJmol-1, or some value in the 40000s if you used the value they had given you incase you didn't figure it out in the previous question.

Two different questions, though the 298K one was on page 3, and the delta G one was on pages 4 and 5, if I remember correctly, so they were close together.
    ohhhh right ok...i remember now..

ReputationRep:
    Seem to have spent the last 2 years waiting for exams/ results and Unis now waiting again!!! If I hear one word of A Levels are getting easier on results day I will scream!!!!! Oh well Gap year at worst and £9000 a year fees thanks to the students friend Nick Clegg and his cronies! Life sucks big time! :eek3::eek4::eek::eek3::eek4::troll:

ReputationRep:
    Have the paper but no ms, thought it was okay but scaring myself looking at it again and finding wrong answers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyanna)
    Have the paper but no ms, thought it was okay but scaring myself looking at it again and finding wrong answers!
    you know what to do the force is strong in this one :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyanna)
    Will you be able to upload it? So someone can maybe write an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    sorry no scanner

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.