The Student Room Group

AQA - Unit 5 - Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zakir
think the grade boundaries are fair, considering the comments people made about the Biol5 exam...

seems the majority found it tricky..

anyway, good luck with the rest of your results people!!!

:biggrin:

What did youu get?
Reply 1801
Original post by Cup cakes.
What did youu get?

got a B overall..

A in my EMPA/ISA, A in CHEM4 and C in CHEM5...made quite a few silly mistakes in CHEM5 tho..

you get into uni?
Original post by Zakir
got a B overall..

A in my EMPA/ISA, A in CHEM4 and C in CHEM5...made quite a few silly mistakes in CHEM5 tho..

you get into uni?

Yeaah i did, :smile:
I got B overall aswell, I got all A's in Chem this year just my AS-Level last yearr, :angry: DAMN.
Did you get into Uni?
(edited 12 years ago)
My results slip says '65 - d' which I presume to be a raw mark going on grade boundaries posted on AQA's website however all my other results are indicated in UMS.

I don't quite understand. Maybe it's the rum, maybe it's a genuine error.....
Reply 1804
Original post by Cup cakes.
Yeaah i did, :smile:
I got B overall aswell, I got all A's in Chem this year just my AS-Level last yearr, :angry: DAMN.
Did you get into Uni?

yup i did, for Optometry. what course you doing?

ohhh thats a shame...but hey, a B in chemistry would be seen as excellent to some people :biggrin:
A in this one, CHEM4 got a D :lolwut: seriously something is up?!?!
Original post by Zakir
yup i did, for Optometry. what course you doing?

ohhh thats a shame...but hey, a B in chemistry would be seen as excellent to some people :biggrin:

I'm doing Mental Health Nursing, getting a B is okay ( not seen as excellent to me LOLL) but I'm happy with it seeing as I tried my best this year... :cool:

Good luck with your Optometry course <3
Hard to believe I got an A in chemistry stil.Ok I was right on the grade boundary with 480 total ums but an A is an A which is all that matters.I was more delighted with this result than the A* I got in another subject!
got a B overall and a C in CHEM5.
good considering i got an E in my first year
Reply 1809
Original post by Casshern1456
A in this one, CHEM4 got a D :lolwut: seriously something is up?!?!

Yeahhh I got A* in this exam... was so shocked. and then a really low B in CHEM4. God I hated that exam :frown:
Original post by BethBeth
Yeahhh I got A* in this exam... was so shocked. and then a really low B in CHEM4. God I hated that exam :frown:

You studied the entire A-level syllabus in one year and got an A I think that's really impressive, you could request your CHEM4 paper back and see where you gone wrong maybe take it for a remark or sit the exam in Jan and get an A*. :smile:
Reply 1811
You studied the entire A-level syllabus in one year and got an A I think that's really impressive, you could request your CHEM4 paper back and see where you gone wrong maybe take it for a remark or sit the exam in Jan and get an A*. :smile:

Thank you so much! But to be honest I only just scraped the A overall :tongue: I just seemed to breeze through Unit 5 for some reason :eek: I'm not to fussed about remarks and things because I got into my firm choice :biggrin: (Really freaked when I found out the conditions were an A). Relieved it's all over now :colondollar:

How did your exam results go? Well I hope :smile:
Original post by BethBeth
Thank you so much! But to be honest I only just scraped the A overall :tongue: I just seemed to breeze through Unit 5 for some reason :eek: I'm not to fussed about remarks and things because I got into my firm choice :biggrin: (Really freaked when I found out the conditions were an A). Relieved it's all over now :colondollar:

How did your exam results go? Well I hope :smile:

So so didn't make it into my firm unfortunately now I'm in clearing but thinking of applying again this year for 2012. My chem is a B if you want to know that.
Reply 1813
So so didn't make it into my firm unfortunately now I'm in clearing but thinking of applying again this year for 2012. My chem is a B if you want to know that.

I'm sorry to hear that about your firm :frown: A B is still really good though, so well done for that :smile: A gap year isn't the end of the world (when I took mine I thought this...) but now I feel a lot more mature, and prepared for uni - the whole applying process felt less rushed, because I knew what I wanted to do. Also, you can get a job and save up money for uni or go on an awesome holiday!

I know it sucks about fees going up, but if it gets you where you want to it's totally worth it :wink:

Best of luck for Clearing anyway! Don't lose hope, something good may come up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending