Reply 20
-aquire autistic person
-??????
-profit!

:biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by viksta1000

Good Luck dude!

I've found Khan Academy doesn't go deep enough, but I think MyMaths could help with some of the old Alevel stuff, cheers.

Original post by Mrcontroversy

Can't see anything on the maths department website, but I'll ask in person tomorrow.

I appreciate my personal tutor is busy, but I can't help but feel this is exactly the sort of thing he is supposed to be helping me with, which is annoying really.

Original post by Josh_Dey

The few people I've spoken to about this have said similar things to me, but I can honestly say I really enjoy the other modules, and I don't want to change my degree just because of this issue.

Original post by rorydaredking

I'm seriously considering doing that after the exams.

That's partly what's so frustrating about it, I used to be able to translate between English and "Maths-speak", and understand what is going on in the problems really well back in Alevel, now that ability seems to have just disappeared for some reason.

Thanks all for your responses, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. I'm going to have another go tomorrow after I've looked back through my notes (again) and maybe try some of the problems that disintegrated into **** today.

Cheers.
Reply 22
I do Aerospace Engineering and the maths in 1st was pure maths and formed a 1/3 of my year. There was so much to learn but I did a good few hours a week and it all came together when the final degree exam arrived. I think i got a C for the entire maths module. In 2nd year we have 4 maths modules (ODEs, PDEs, Fourier Series, Matrices, Complex calculas, Vector Calculas, Line Integrals etc etc). It is harder than 1st year but I just kept the same study idea and I have sat the first 2 maths modules in December and got an A and B for both so you should find it getting easier if you keep on the fundemental topics you get taught in 1st year. All the 2nd year maths builds on top of the 1st year maths so you need to know it, don't put it off. Just put in a good few hours every week and ask the lecturer at the end of class with anything you don't understand. At my university, they are more than happy to help.

Quick Reply

Latest