Turn on thread page Beta

What is the point of relationships? watch

Ok, maybe I have just become a total cynic since my ex split with me after our crappy 2year fail of a relationship based mainly on sex...
    Maybe it's because I felt I got exactly the same feeling as that "relationship" with a one night stand without the guy making me feel like crap...
    Maybe I am missing something, but what is the point of relationships?

ReputationRep:
    Love i guess

()

ReputationRep:
    Now here's a thread I've bever seen before. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    To know there's always someone there when you need them, to comfort you physically, emotionally and mentally, to support you and to bring out the best of yourself whilst you do the same for them. You can be completely yourself around your partner and subsequently completely at ease.

Relationships, when good, can make you feel like you can achieve anything, like you're the luckiest person in the world. It's just difficult finding the right person who can do that for you.

ReputationRep:
    Meet someone > Spawn babies, lot's and lot's of babies.

ReputationRep:
    instinctively we all look for finding the missing piece of puzzle to complete us. So that we can take care of each other and share our feelings. Maybe that's why we want relationships.
    This is the cheesiest post I have written, but hey I think it's more or less true

ReputationRep:
    Well there's no point having a relationship for the sake of having a relationship. It's kind of a hassle in some ways. The thing is.. every so often you'll meet someone who you find you just really want to be with. Not so that you can have a boyfriend, but so you can have them. If you're questioning what the point is, then you haven't found that person, and so for you, at this specific moment, there is no point in having a relationship. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing its so that girl can say this

ReputationRep:
    there isn't any. if i get into any relationship from this point on, it'll be open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    there isn't any. if i get into any relationship from this point on, it'll be open.

I mean I can see the point if your older and are going to raise kids blahblah but when your at college/uni?? People just get hurt..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    instinctively we all look for finding the missing piece of puzzle to complete us. So that we can take care of each other and share our feelings. Maybe that's why we want relationships.
    This is the cheesiest post I have written, but hey I think it's more or less true
    lol it doesn't matter, its good that you've had those experiences, and it sounds cliche and trite when you talk about them sometimes but what does that matter? They're some of the sweetest periods of your life!

Anyway if you love someone, you want that intimacy which you can only have in a relationship, you want to be able to share your life completely with that special person, spend endless hours together just in each others company, you want and feel wanted which is great, you want someone who will be there for you through the good times and the bad

You don't know when it will end, but you enjoy it while it lasts because of the strength of your feelings for that person, and when you're in a fulfilling relationship its one of the few periods in your life when you are truly happy

And you learn so much from them, I've been really hurt from my past relationships but I wouldn't swap my experiences for everything because those memories are sweet, they're the best, they're the ones I'll hold on to until the day I die, they've shaped me a lot as a person and really helped me grow and mature and I hope for the day when I find someone special again

(Original post by Peachykeen09)
    lol someone just got rejected by their crush

ReputationRep:
    To give gals something else to complain about

..99 problems

ReputationRep:
    Happiness.

ReputationRep:
    having someone to share feelings with, and problems, and be there to comfort you when you need it and vice versa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    heyy out of curiousty, do you do psychology? because your name is a term used in social psychology

ReputationRep:
    http://images.t-nation.com/forum_ima...read_again.jpg

Is it that hard to work it out in your own head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelsaurus)
    having someone to share feelings with, and problems, and be there to comfort you when you need it and vice versa
    Then what are friends for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    She missed out sex. That's one thing you can't have with friends without making it more than friends in some way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    friends are there for the same thing, but I doubt you can be that intimate with all your friends

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.