Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Using a friends account (with their permission ofcourse) so please change if in the wrong forum.

I've got an offer for the both the titled courses but not sure which to go for.

Can someone please help - which one is better? Which one has better prospects etc?

As for the future, im not sure where I want to go...

ReputationRep:
    I do Banking & International Finance and the prospects are immense. It depends which line you want to go in, IB or Accounting (since the latter course has exemptions I think).

Banking & Finance is more established at Cass since A&F is new.

ReputationRep:
    But then again A&F had ACA exemptions...

ReputationRep:
    *bump*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    But then again A&F had ACA exemptions...
    How many exemptions would you get with A&F at cass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awakening)
    Using a friends account (with their permission ofcourse) so please change if in the wrong forum.

I've got an offer for the both the titled courses but not sure which to go for.

Can someone please help - which one is better? Which one has better prospects etc?

As for the future, im not sure where I want to go...
    Hi Awakening

I'm going into the 2nd year of my A&F course at Cass. If you are serious about becoming a Chartered Accountant A&F is the course for you. It will give you all the knowledge you need to excel in the ACA exams, giving you 8 exemptions upon graduation as well as give you solid knowledge of Corporate Finance so you could do very well in Professional Services (e.g. at Big-4 firms). BIF is more general and will give you an overall solid knowledge of finance which includes Corporate Finance, Investing etc. There are Accounting electives in BIF if you decide to pursue a career in Accountancy after your first year is done.

The acid test is, do you want to go straight into Accountancy/Corporate Finance (choosing A&F will give you all the grounding you need) or do you want to keep your options in Finance open and decide later on (in which case BIF is the way to go)?

Hope this helps. Good luck on your application!

Sadik

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadik737)
    Hi Awakening

I'm going into the 2nd year of my A&F course at Cass. If you are serious about becoming a Chartered Accountant A&F is the course for you. It will give you all the knowledge you need to excel in the ACA exams, giving you 8 exemptions upon graduation as well as give you solid knowledge of Corporate Finance so you could do very well in Professional Services (e.g. at Big-4 firms). BIF is more general and will give you an overall solid knowledge of finance which includes Corporate Finance, Investing etc. There are Accounting electives in BIF if you decide to pursue a career in Accountancy after your first year is done.

The acid test is, do you want to go straight into Accountancy/Corporate Finance (choosing A&F will give you all the grounding you need) or do you want to keep your options in Finance open and decide later on (in which case BIF is the way to go)?

Hope this helps. Good luck on your application!

Sadik
    Thanks Sadik!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 5, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.