Turn on thread page Beta

Should I give up or keep the faith? watch

The past two months I've been talking to this girl, and I have feelings for her. She's given some pretty positive signals back, although sometimes she goes a bit cold on me...though I've put this down to her being nervous, which she has come across as.

The past week or two, however, she's suddenly been talking to this guy a lot and been less attentive towards me. They seem to talk a lot on Facebook, she invites him to join her and her mates at the canteen at college before he even has a lesson, and the other day she seemed annoyed that he went off with two mates who she doesn't seem to like. They both seem quite into each other.

However. This guy isn't from the city I live in, where I attend College. He only came to this city to attend the course we're on. He'll be going home for Easter and then presumably for the summer, before going to University in London in September...would a long distance relationship be realistic?

Nearly everything she posts on Facebook he comments on within minutes, including posts on the walls of mutual friends. As I say, she enjoys the attention but maybe it can only be so long before his seeming clingyness wears thin?

Lastly, people have told me not to look too deep into things just yet, and that they're probably just in the "getting to know you" phase. All this is still troubling me though, that since this guy has emerged she's seemed more distant with me. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. Just the week before she got talking to him I was sat with her in lesson being VERY flirty with me.

So should I call it a day, or keep going?

Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Lastly, people have told me not to look too deep into things just yet, and that they're probably just in the "getting to know you" phase. All this is still troubling me though, that since this guy has emerged she's seemed more distant with me. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. Just the week before she got talking to him I was sat with her in lesson being VERY flirty with me.

So should I call it a day, or keep going?
    ^this

You are overanalysing it. Besides, if you do like her, you need to make your move before it's too late

(Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    ^this

You are overanalysing it. Besides, if you do like her, you need to make your move before it's too late
    Probably, but they do seem to enjoy each other's company.

Plus she necer Facebooks me asking to come to the canteen.

*Never

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.