Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Actually one of our cleaners is an alien but she swears she has a visa.

ReputationRep:
    I think the real question you should be asking is, do aliens believe in us?

ReputationRep:
    John Redwood was called a Vulcan, and he exists.

ReputationRep:
    I believe their is life on another planet, most likely more intelligent and advanced than us.

But as for aliens invading earth.. it COULD happen, but there's as much chance as me getting a threesome with megan fox and katy perry

ReputationRep:
    I believe in unicorns.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be stupid to assume there isn't life on other planets. Ranging from specs of bacteria to life that is more advanced and intelligent than us.

Although it also depends on your definition of Alien.

(Original post by Tommyjw)
    but there's as much chance as me getting a threesome with megan fox and katy perry
    Speak for yourself. Been there done that.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if my brothers are there......I don't see why aliens can't be!

On a more serious tone....I actually do believe there's a possibility that other beings exist in our universe, but just not the type we see in movies.......They are probably just creatures living off peacefully like we are and possibly also pondering about the possibility of the existence of 'aliens' on other planets.

(Original post by itsamemario666)
    I think the real question you should be asking is, do aliens believe in us?
    Nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    Yes I believe ON aliens.
    Got there before me. :L

ReputationRep:
    Why is this in the "Advice on Everyday Issues" section?
    Where I come from, at least, extraterrestrial life isn't an everyday thing. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They definitely, definitely exist.

They haven't landed, however, personally, I think there's too many UFO hype pictures for them all to be made up or anomalies.

If they do attack us, we aren't as ****ed as people make out. If they don't, we'll either **** them over, they'll **** us over, or we'll become friends and boom; golden age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    They definitely, definitely exist.

They haven't landed, however, personally, I think there's too many UFO hype pictures for them all to be made up or anomalies.

If they do attack us, we aren't as ****ed as people make out. If they don't, we'll either **** them over, they'll **** us over, or we'll become friends and boom; golden age.
    Actually the biggest danger with aliens in my opinion isn't so much that they could be hostile but that they landed and brought various diseases to our planet that we do not have any cure for. They would not even need to do it deliberately as this occured when various european countries were colonising parts of the world and they brought illness's to the natives.

What I do find interesting is the ancient drawings of primitive types in caves and other places that depict flying saucers similar to what we hear about now. It does make me wonder if earth and mankind isn't someone elses giant experiment, and these 'visits' are just scientists from other planets.

I would say we would be buggered if they did try to destroy us as if they are visiting they must be much more advanced than we are and that is why I don't think their intentions are so much hostile but interested in us. But I agree with stephen hawking that aliens are around and that it is best not to have contact with them, as if we are not some scientific experiment already,those visiting us might decide one day to colonise us and take all our resources.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I wouldn't be too surprised if we eventually found life (not sentient life mind you, more like plants, bacteria, etc) on another planet; the universe is pretty damn big, there's no reason why there couldn't be more than one living planet here.

ReputationRep:
    Do I believe in aliens? Yes.

Do I believe they will encounter Earth while I'm alive? No.

ReputationRep:
    Aliens exist but very few will manage to come to Earth, if any.
    Look up the Drake Equation. It's used to estimate the number of detectable civilisations in the Milky Way Galaxy. If any alien race has come to Earth they will be from within the Milky Way or else they'd have to use some ridiculous technology to travel between galaxies.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.