Turn on thread page Beta

How do I stay calm until the morning? watch

I have a pregnancy test at the doctors in the morning. This is not a planned thing, I have been taking my pill for medical reasons for the past 8 years and then it was also used as I became sexually active. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years, so it isn't a one night stand, and the lapse in contraception was a pure accident, I thought I had taken my pill but I hadn't, the first time in 8 years that has happened. I don't want to be pregnant, I'm not in the right frame of mind I'm not ready. I don't know if it's me just excessively worrying but I'm looking out for the signs too much and I'm worrying myself sick, to the point where it's bringing on all my anxiety problems that I had worked so hard to get under control.

How do I tell myself to stay calm? I'm getting too worked up!

hey, i totally understand what your going through. I went through that last year and i know what you mean, its not your fault and its not 'your' mistake either. accidents happen and you just have to 'go with the flow'.

i was taking the pill for almost 3 years and was in married (still am lol) and wasnt wanting a baby for at least 3 or 4 years but i just became pregnant because i forgot to take the pill (same as you) BUT IT WAS THE BEST MISTAKE I HAD MADE IN MY LIFE, my baby is the best thing ever and i dont think i would ever regret anything that happened.

Even though i was very scared and so the best advice i can give you is to think positive (whatever outcome you want, whether you want to be pregnant or not). and also talk alot with your partner (i know he'll be annoyyed lol) but it really helped me and then later on in the conversation i was very calm and was laughing about other stuff and talking about other stuff. You can also try a warm bath and have hot coffee/chocolate
    (always helped me).

Please do reply back and let us know what happens....hope the best and dont worry im quiete sure your not pregnant, usually if its 1 pill then its not that likely. bye hun tc

ReputationRep:
    If you forgot the pill for just 1 day I wouldn't worry TOO much. Just keep calm, or get a home pregnancy test.

ReputationRep:
    A good way of keeping calm is having unprotected sex with your boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    I remember in a GUM clinic I was at the nurse said to someone in your situation "Well you should've crossed your legs instead of your fingers." Can you believe it? Anyway, stay calm, worrying won't get you anywhere. There is always a solution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a pregnancy test at the doctors in the morning. This is not a planned thing, I have been taking my pill for medical reasons for the past 8 years and then it was also used as I became sexually active. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years, so it isn't a one night stand, and the lapse in contraception was a pure accident, I thought I had taken my pill but I hadn't, the first time in 8 years that has happened. I don't want to be pregnant, I'm not in the right frame of mind I'm not ready. I don't know if it's me just excessively worrying but I'm looking out for the signs too much and I'm worrying myself sick, to the point where it's bringing on all my anxiety problems that I had worked so hard to get under control.

How do I tell myself to stay calm? I'm getting too worked up!
    take some medication to calm you down and make you drowsy / sleepy if u haave anyway, it will help u sleep calm

ReputationRep:
    http://www.loltimeout.com/wp-content...lcon_Punch.jpg

I believe that will solve all your problems.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.