Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever had any success finding a job through reed.co.uk? I search on there quite a lot and they seem to have a good range of jobs but I have never ever had any response from any thing I have ever applied for through the site. Has anyone applied for jobs through them? Do you ever hear anything back whether it be an interview invite or a rejection?

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview through that site, it does work.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a few rejections so far. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I use Reed, and dont often hear back from the things I apply for. I dont think its Reeds fault its just that they get a high level of applicants. By the time one persons applied 10 other people have and the amount of applications never seems to stop. There is another site called Indeed, there good to

ReputationRep:
    I got a offer from Lloyd Banking Group, who use Reed.
    But I am not sure whether to take it yet.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a few rejections through their websites. I've had much more luck in their branches though.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview with one of Reed's Recruitment Consultants and nothing came about it even though she said she would help me and this was around 10 months ago. Same goes for Brook Street as well even though I've applied for jobs through them and they never gave me any feedback whatsoever. Although some agencies such as graduate ones and interaction have been amazing with weekly calls to see how I was doing in my job hunt.

Some agencies can be hit and miss and some can be fantastic. I guess it depends on who you go to and who you deal with...

Good luck in your job hunt! Times are hard and I feel for anyone who is trying to find a job.

My friend did, and she's still in that very same job 5 years later! I on the other have tried until I am blue in the face = no luck whatsoever!

ReputationRep:
    I have my current job thanks to that website!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.