Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Switching to get 2nd year loan income assessed watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm a 1st year student about to send off my forms to Student Finance to get the loan for the second year. I had heard horror stories about lost information and delayed loans so I had a bit of savings which I thought would last me over the course of my degree (big mistake)... so I didn't apply for a Grant last time, I remember clicking the "basic" option.

How do I (if it's possible at all), switch this so my loan for the 2nd year is income-assessed because my family's circumstances in 2009/2010 were a lot worse than in 2008/2009 so I think I would be entitled to something (which I desperately need).

All I've been able to see is "new students", and the "change" forms don't include this option. I'm not sure if I need to write it anywhere on a separate piece of paper but the whole website is confusing. The "Ask a Question" has been unavailable for days so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer to my question.

Thanks
    Alex

ReputationRep:
    You ask for an income assessed loan. That is how you get considered for a grant.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.