Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm a 1st year student about to send off my forms to Student Finance to get the loan for the second year. I had heard horror stories about lost information and delayed loans so I had a bit of savings which I thought would last me over the course of my degree (big mistake)... so I didn't apply for a Grant last time, I remember clicking the "basic" option.

How do I (if it's possible at all), switch this so my loan for the 2nd year is income-assessed because my family's circumstances in 2009/2010 were a lot worse than in 2008/2009 so I think I would be entitled to something (which I desperately need).

All I've been able to see is "new students", and the "change" forms don't include this option. I'm not sure if I need to write it anywhere on a separate piece of paper but the whole website is confusing. The "Ask a Question" has been unavailable for days so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer to my question.

Thanks
    Alex

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.