Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all,

    I'm a 1st year student about to send off my forms to Student Finance to get the loan for the second year. I had heard horror stories about lost information and delayed loans so I had a bit of savings which I thought would last me over the course of my degree (big mistake)... so I didn't apply for a Grant last time, I remember clicking the "basic" option.

    How do I (if it's possible at all), switch this so my loan for the 2nd year is income-assessed because my family's circumstances in 2009/2010 were a lot worse than in 2008/2009 so I think I would be entitled to something (which I desperately need).

    All I've been able to see is "new students", and the "change" forms don't include this option. I'm not sure if I need to write it anywhere on a separate piece of paper but the whole website is confusing. The "Ask a Question" has been unavailable for days so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer to my question.


University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.