Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is quite good - largely based on alcohol drinking so you will love it if you like going out! Erm, for me it was all about making friends so you'll get a lot of people sticking with you as everyone is in the same boat! Some of whom you'll be friends with for years, others you won't remember after freshers!

ReputationRep:
    You make lots of friends.
    Get waaayy too drunk.
    Go out way too much.
    Spend too much money.
    And meet people you'll probably never speak to again.
    It's fun. But not as fun as the rest of your time at uni will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    Seems like its going to be crap for me.

I am really not a drinking type....hmmm... I will just talk to everybody then!
    Can I join you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Can I join you?
    You can but you don't go to the same uni. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    You can but you don't go to the same uni. :P
    Oh dear :rolleyes:

I'm really worried about freshers after reading this thread !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    I don't drink much either.. and i'm REEALLY shy. I'm so nervous! :O
    Freshers is not about being shy, but becoming awesome instead. True story. It's amazing. Be positive.

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading a heck of a lot of powerpoints (I do combined honours, so I got two lots of induction lectures), had a few good nights out, met a lot of people. Some of them I am very good friends with now, others I don't really know any better now. First year in general is good fun but I think I made my closest friendships during second year, just because we knew exactly when one of us needed a laugh or a coffee or a hug if we were finding assignments a bit much.

I would say nights out after freshers week can be better though, cause you know where you like going best and you're more relaxed cause you know everyone better
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Oh dear :rolleyes:

I'm really worried about freshers after reading this thread !
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit i hadn't really given a thought to freshers, i was just so happy to get into uni. i don't think there's any need to be worried though, not drinking will probably be a bit of an advantage, no freshers flu! :P

ReputationRep:
    To put it bluntly: a huge piss-up. Like the rest of university life, I imagine.

UCL Law freshers do go to France for the day though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElfManiac)
    I remember reading a heck of a lot of powerpoints (I do combined honours, so I got two lots of induction lectures), had a few good nights out, met a lot of people. Some of them I am very good friends with now, others I don't really know any better now. First year in general is good fun but I think I made my closest friendships during second year, just because we knew exactly when one of us needed a laugh or a coffee or a hug if we were finding assignments a bit much.
    Oh, ****. xD

ReputationRep:
    Would it be worth going down for freshers do you think then? I really don't know what to do as I don't drink or go out much but I desperately want to fit in at uni =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobsyourteapots)
    Would it be worth going down for freshers do you think then? I really don't know what to do as I don't drink or go out much but I desperately want to fit in at uni =/
    Definitely go to freshers, it's where you meet everybody and register for things and join societies! I don't drink (much) or go out too much either but I'm going to go and enjoy myself anyway - you can have a good time without drinking :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    Oh, ****. xD
    You should be ok, French and Linguistics are usually part of the same department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    Definitely go to freshers, it's where you meet everybody and register for things and join societies! I don't drink (much) or go out too much either but I'm going to go and enjoy myself anyway - you can have a good time without drinking :yep:
    Yeah I was wondering whether it would be socially good for me lol
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    freshers week wasnt that great for me , probably because i forget to bring my ID ! but also because i felt homesick and didnt know anyone , i enjoy uni much more now that i have made alot of friends and feel at home alot more now.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.