Turn on thread page Beta

Nudist funeral watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My uncle was a nudist; he recently died and, as such, is going to need a funeral.

I think the family should respect his nudism and have him without clothes in the casket, with a fig tastefully and comically arranged to protect the innocent ... but other members of the family think his beliefs don't matter anymore because he's dead and won't care whether he was buried with or without clothes.

Anyone got any input? He left the decision to the whole family (he had no wife or kids), so we have to decide one way or another. I think it might end up being clothed for the funeral, but nude for the burial, more's the pity.

ReputationRep:
    Please help, this is a potentially serious situation for my uncle.

ReputationRep:
    Your uncle is dead and he left the decision to the whole family......(i.e. take a vote, he don't care). IMO a dead naked guy is just WRONG

ReputationRep:
    Well, he left hopes that we would respect him, but didn't stipulate it in a will or anything.

And what's wrong, we entered the world naked? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i dont know whether to beleive you or not. you should do whatever you think is right

ReputationRep:
    Most awkward place to get a spontaneous erection ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_sporty)
    i dont know whether to beleive you or not. you should do whatever you think is right
    You should.

What I think is right is to let him be naked in his casket. But it's not solely my decision.

ReputationRep:
    If he'd worn a particular hat every day of his life you'd bury him in the hat wouldn't you?

I agree that certain parts probably need to be covered up, and I'm not sure if the church would appreciate it? But on the whole I think he should be buried naked if that's what he did with his life.

As for him not knowing what's been done with him, I generally believe that. But there's always a what if- how would you feel if your family hadn't done what they know you would have wanted (regardless of whether you spelled it out to them)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Well, he left hopes that we would respect him, but didn't stipulate it in a will or anything.

And what's wrong, we entered the world naked? :dontknow:
    Yeah, we enter the world ALIVE. That's the major difference...That and the fact that people come out of mothers' bodies, it would be a bit wierd if they came out fully dressed....

ReputationRep:
    (he had no wife or kids)
    Surprise, surprise.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    Surprise, surprise.
    Well, he did, but wife died and kid is estranged.

ReputationRep:
    I love u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    I love u
    Why thank you. :blush:

ReputationRep:
    men naked in the company of each other in a church; thats vile beyond all comprehension. Its meant to be a place of spiritual consolidation, not a homosexual gathering

ReputationRep:
    Well cant you just cover his private parts with some kind of blanket?!
    He'd still be naked, but the eyes of the innocent would be spared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reml)
    men naked in the company of each other in a church; thats vile beyond all comprehension. Its meant to be a place of spiritual consolidation, not a homosexual gathering
    There's just going to be one naked man, and I don't think he'll be in a state to have sex or anything sort of homosexual activity.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I could make jokes about vicars ... but I won't.

(Original post by LukeD222)
    Well cant you just cover his private parts with some kind of blanket?!
    He'd still be naked, but the eyes of the innocent would be spared!
    That's the idea of a fig-leaf. We think he'd like the humour.

ReputationRep:
    My uncle was a nudist; he recently died and, as such, is going to need a funeral.

I think the family should respect his nudism and have him without clothes in the casket, with a fig tastefully and comically arranged to protect the innocent ... but other members of the family think his beliefs don't matter anymore because he's dead and won't care whether he was buried with or without clothes.

Anyone got any input? He left the decision to the whole family (he had no wife or kids), so we have to decide one way or another. I think it might end up being clothed for the funeral, but nude for the burial, more's the pity.
    I don't know how to answer this...but I think I'm going to say "Yes".

I mean...he did leave you with the decision...and if you think that is the proper way to give him the burial...then do so.

I don't know what the people will say...but I'm damn sure that there will be some sort of disagreement with some of the people attending the funeral.

Nevertheless...regardless of other people's opinions...I'm sure you could do it provided that there is something to cover part of the body.

ReputationRep:
    Go with the naked.

ReputationRep:
    Naked. It's what he would have wanted.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.