Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are you actually going to this one because you care for the dude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    My uncle was a nudist; he recently died and, as such, is going to need a funeral.

I think the family should respect his nudism and have him without clothes in the casket, with a fig tastefully and comically arranged to protect the innocent ... but other members of the family think his beliefs don't matter anymore because he's dead and won't care whether he was buried with or without clothes.

Anyone got any input? He left the decision to the whole family (he had no wife or kids), so we have to decide one way or another. I think it might end up being clothed for the funeral, but nude for the burial, more's the pity.
    I think it's utterly bizarre that someone should be buried in clothes anyway ... never having been to a funeral, I've not really considered it before. If he expressly left the decision to the family I'd err on the side of "decency" and give him clothes, he clearly didn't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    That was the argument. Fortunately, we've had a family meeting and are going with naked in the casket, with his private area tastefully covered by a fig leaf.
    Not the easiest option, but it sounds like the right one.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this thread was going to be about all the funeral guests being naked. I am disappoint.

I'd say leave him naked if that's what he liked to do when he was alive.

ReputationRep:
    I think it all depends on how important you think naturism was to him. If the idea of him being buried naked offends the family, though they still accepted his naturist views and lifestyle, perhaps it could be referred to during the funeral, especially if it is a non-religious service and so there is no set format.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.