Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've worked out that the following are the only universities I could possibly go to:

Aberdeen (English people can't survive in Scotland)
    Bath Spa
    Brunel
    Canterbury Christ Church
    Coventry
    Edinburgh (highly unlikely, and as above)
    Exeter Cornwall Campus (Unlikely)
    Queen Mary (Unlikely)
    Reading
    Winchester

I'm pretty much doomed to failure. I have an idea of exactly what I want to do if I were to graduate, but I'd always be beaten by those with better degrees. Sighhhh.....

ReputationRep:
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're doomed, you might as well kill yourself now. Save yourself any future hassle.

ReputationRep:
    Well, as lame as it sounds, with that kinda attitude. Yeah, you're probably doomed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    I'm pretty much doomed to failure. I have an idea of exactly what I want to do if I were to graduate, but I'd always be beaten by those with better degrees. Sighhhh.....

Well with an attitude like that, what else would you expect?

ReputationRep:
    you pessimistic git. What do you mean my life is over :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Huh, that right?

:dry:

With that attitude, its a good thing it is over.

ReputationRep:
    OMG, it's im so academic a few years in the future!

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of not having that attitude when I know it's true. I've even spoken to people who are at the top of the organisation I have my eye on, and as charming as they were, their words couldn't hide the true meaning of their words...

ReputationRep:
    I've worked out that the following are the only universities I could possibly go to:
    If you have so many options, are you not in Y12 or before? And if you're in Y12 or before, can you not just work like hell, get good AS and A2 grades and apply higher? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    surely 'my life is over' doesn't qualify as an 'everyday issue'

ReputationRep:
    Whats the problem??

If you're not smart enough to get into anything better than if you did go there you'd be miserable not be able to keep up and get a 3rd class or drop out. Pretty sure that would be worse than getting a decent grade at a 'lesser institution'.

If you just messed up your A-levels but have the drive and brains to suceed, prove it by retaking where you went wrong.

If not stop whining.

ReputationRep:
    Preserve with your aims, go to one of these unis and really succeed. If you want something in life, sometimes you have to really work towards it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_a_z_z)
    surely 'my life is over' doesn't qualify as an 'everyday issue'
    Well this sentiment plagues me everyday, so...

ReputationRep:

Bath Spa
    Brunel
    Canterbury Christ Church
    Coventry
    Queen Mary (Unlikely)
    Reading
    Winchester

Not really. A few decent unis in their. Also, you'd rather go to a uni than no uni right? And also with increased tuition fees not a lot of people will go to universities so demand is hight for graduates.

ReputationRep:
    that's a bit over dramatic, apply to everything, worth a try isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    If you have so many options, are you not in Y12 or before? And if you're in Y12 or before, can you not just work like hell, get good AS and A2 grades and apply higher? :dontknow:
    Did A2s (only two) last July. Got two Bs=life over. And I need a first in a degree for what I want to do.

ReputationRep:

Bath Spa
    Brunel
    Canterbury Christ Church
    Coventry
    Queen Mary (Unlikely)
    Reading
    Winchester

Why are these the only universities you can go to? Its a very diverse range of unis with nothing in particular in common. (Unless I'm missing something)

ReputationRep:

Bath Spa
    Brunel
    Canterbury Christ Church
    Coventry
    Queen Mary (Unlikely)
    Reading
    Winchester

There are plenty of people on here who ****ed up, retook exams even way into their 20s and went to great unis. There are also tales of people going to very, very bad unis and getting an awesome grade and going on to do a masters at oxbridge. Even saying that, most of those unis arent even crap so why are you moaning?

ReputationRep:
    You are stupid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.