Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My Life Is Over watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    well, at least i wont have to put up with you when i start my undergraduate degree in september/october. thats one thing to look forward to. you didnt even answer my questions - do you think all people who go to 'lesser' universities are brain dead? do you think jobs requiring degrees are filled by oxbridge graduates so there are no jobs available for anyone who went anywhere else?

and who knows? one day when i've worked hard and not given up and earned more money than you i'll go shopping and as i walk down the asile with the luxury of being able to afford to put decent food in my basket i'll pass by you, and you'll be stacking shelves because you decided that just because you weren't good enough for a rare few you'd give up trying to be good enough for yourself.

and i'll be glad i didnt do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jendra9311)
    well, at least i wont have to put up with you when i start my undergraduate degree in september/october. thats one thing to look forward to. you didnt even answer my questions - do you think all people who go to 'lesser' universities are brain dead? do you think jobs requiring degrees are filled by oxbridge graduates so there are no jobs available for anyone who went anywhere else?

and who knows? one day when i've worked hard and not given up and earned more money than you i'll go shopping and as i walk down the asile with the luxury of being able to afford to put decent food in my basket i'll pass by you, and you'll be stacking shelves because you decided that just because you weren't good enough for a rare few you'd give up trying to be good enough for yourself.

and i'll be glad i didnt do the same.
    I look forward to it. At least then I'll have some value on this planet; serving as an example of what becomes of one in my situation.

ReputationRep:
    1) do you think all people who go to 'lesser' universities are braindead?

2) do you think all jobs requiring degress are filled by oxbridge candidates so no jobs are available for anyone who got a degree elsewhere?

these are yes/no questions, simple enough. i want an answer.

ReputationRep:
    1) do you think all people who go to 'lesser' universities are braindead?

2) do you think all jobs requiring degress are filled by oxbridge candidates so no jobs are available for anyone who got a degree elsewhere?

these are yes/no questions, simple enough. i want an answer.
    And I want to go to Cambridge, but that's not happening...

1) No.
    2) No, but all the best ones are, and the higher up jobs are. It is also usually the case that Oxbridge graduates are smarter than most and thus better people in the long term.

ReputationRep:
    Uhh get over it ....... how do you think bananas in pyjamas feel getting up early in the morning ( every morning) to do a tv show they probably don't even wanna do ? so i say your life is good cause you can sleep in a dog kennel .... and they're good as too sleep in it's otayy i'm here for the bananas in pyjamas ..... NOT YOU ! cause you're just a sook , Yo ***** hold my poodle and while your at it pick up the phone
    Thanks for reading
    Love you
    P.S me you and my bed?

ReputationRep:
    finally - a straight answer! even if you still have to throw a little bit of depression, just to keep the tone flowing throughout.

here is a thought to leave you with for the night; you are (apparently) human, yet you are able to concieve the notion that people who get a degree from universities other than the top ones still manage to get degree level jobs, which are better than shalf stacking in the supermarkets. the employers who advertise for these jobs are also human and are also aware of the fact that people who went to one of these other universities can get jobs and are therefore employable. therefore they will employ people with degrees from lesser universities.

yes the people who went to oxbridge may have a microadvantage over us commoners because thier university is older or something, but they are not automatically better people. smarter does not always equal better.

ReputationRep:
    finally - a straight answer! even if you still have to throw a little bit of depression, just to keep the tone flowing throughout.

here is a thought to leave you with for the night; you are (apparently) human, yet you are able to concieve the notion that people who get a degree from universities other than the top ones still manage to get degree level jobs, which are better than shalf stacking in the supermarkets. the employers who advertise for these jobs are also human and are also aware of the fact that people who went to one of these other universities can get jobs and are therefore employable. therefore they will employ people with degrees from lesser universities.

yes the people who went to oxbridge may have a microadvantage over us commoners because thier university is older or something, but they are not automatically better people. smarter does not always equal better.
    I've provided straight answers throughout. Degree level jobs - so what? What about jobs that require a first from a good university?

ReputationRep:
    you may not get the best degree-level job if you do not get a degree from oxbridge. but can you at least agree that a relatively low level job that requires a degree is still better than a job shelf stacking? i'm not the only one who thinks that, right?

whatever, i'm off to bed. you can wallow in misery by yourself.

ReputationRep:
    besides didnt you say earlier you chose your career not because you liked it but because you disliked it least?

i cant really see you being heartbroken over missing out on THAT one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    I've worked out that the following are the only universities I could possibly go to:

Aberdeen (English people can't survive in Scotland)
    Bath Spa
    Brunel
    Canterbury Christ Church
    Coventry
    Edinburgh (highly unlikely, and as above)
    Exeter Cornwall Campus (Unlikely)
    Queen Mary (Unlikely)
    Reading
    Winchester

I'm pretty much doomed to failure. I have an idea of exactly what I want to do if I were to graduate, but I'd always be beaten by those with better degrees. Sighhhh.....
    You do realise that people from other countries would die to get into one of those?

Anyway how is it much of a problem? They are not bad unis at all. And you need to stop thinking like that, otherwise you ain't gonna succeed in life. It's not the end of the world to not get into the best unis in the country. I didn't get into my 2 top choices and have to choose a lower choice, but I'm more than happy about it. It's a shock at first but you need to learn to live with it. Think of those that can't even get into the ones you mentioned...

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand why you would want ''unemployment'' or ''under-qualified'' on your life record than a degree from a good university that isn't in the top 10 in the country.

ReputationRep:
    only jobs like law and medicine really care about where you go

no higher up jobs don't care about what uni you went to because employers know that people chose unis for many different reasons (I'm choosing mine based on location not prestige), they care about experience you gain from the courses. If you look at the universities with the highest graduate employment percentage after 6 months your'll find alot of the ''mediocre'' (as you would say) universities on there.
    You only talk about having one of the higher up jobs in society or not having one at all. TBH i would go for the second one because with your attitude to everything you could get a 1st from Cambridge and no one would higher you. I know many employers and i don't no where your getting these sources from but THEY DO look at personality, experience and dedication over qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    I bet it wasn't a competitive subject.

End of the day, everytime I've made an effort there's always been someone to knock me down, and in response to that you'll say that I just "get back up" and have to keep trying. Well there's only so many times one can do that. Why should I have to make so much more effort than everyone else to achieve less than them?

You are impossible.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.