Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok then, what do you want to do with your life? And if your standards are set so high, how come you only got 2 Bs? And how come if you're so dissatisfied, you're not back at college or school retaking and doing extra ones? Or phoning up uni departments and bargaining your way in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jendra9311)
    TWO B's? I wish I had 2 B's! I will prob get an A in biology this summer but I need a C in chemistry to get into Essex Uni, my favorite, when I got an E in my last module. I'll be glad to get an E overall in Maths. My life isn't over! I try again!

Oh, and by the way, two years at the start of sixth form my parents and teachers were pushing me to apply to Oxbridge. We don't always do as well as we hope. DEAL WITH IT.
    Four months before my final exams I was getting Us. I tried again...and failed in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy&thesky)
    Ok then, what do you want to do with your life? And if your standards are set so high, how come you only got 2 Bs? And how come if you're so dissatisfied, you're not back at college or school retaking and doing extra ones? Or phoning up uni departments and bargaining your way in?
    This is higher education, not some Moroccan market.

ReputationRep:
    Alright then...
    Why don't you try phoning up uni departments and explaining to them why accepting you would be a good thing?

ReputationRep:
    Just move to the Caribbean and buy a pineapple stall. Sell pineapple until noon then go relax on the beach. Then at night sex up your hot Caribbean girlfriend/boyfriend.

It doesn't matter how many pineapples you sell as you will live of the ones you don't sell and you can sleep under you stall. It also doesn't matter that your life is leading no where, as you are already living the perfect life.

Sounds better than getting a ****ty degree in ****ty old Endland eh? eh??????

ReputationRep:
    Would also like to point out that I was originally rejected by the uni I have just firmed an unconditional offer from...

ReputationRep:
    Alright then...
    Why don't you try phoning up uni departments and explaining to them why accepting you would be a good thing?
    Because I don't think it would be. Not from their point of view, anyway. Besides, I've never known anyone to carve out a place for themselves doing that.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from me.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from me.
    And you got into Oxbridge doing this, did you? Or UCL, Warwick, Durham, St Andrews?

ReputationRep:
    Exeter, Streatham Campus, Psychology. Is that such a terrible place to go? Sorry, am I going to fail in life too?

ReputationRep:
    Exeter, Streatham Campus, Psychology. Is that such a terrible place to go? Sorry, am I going to fail in life too?
    Don't wish to be rude, but there can't have been extreme competition if you managed to talk your way in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abrar91)
    I'm an Englishman in Aberdeen. It's fine.
    Man the **** up and start researching your own future a bit more instead of moping around. Either that or sit here in 10 years time and reflect on what a bawbag you were.
    'Bawbag'. Fantastic! They've obviously trained you well in Aberdeen hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't the easiest thing to do and the original rejection reason was listed as competition for places... but then I was down a grade and so was basically having to explain what happened. I had genuine reasons so granted, it wasn't just a case of phoning up and saying "please take me!" but I tried. Anyway, surely you don't base your ideas of whether or not a uni is worthy or not on competition for places? I know it's a pretty good indicator but for Psychology it would actually have been easier for me to go to Warwick as their grade boundary was lower. If I'd come back and said I'd got into Warwick, what would you have said then?
    Anyway have you tried applying to these places?

ReputationRep:
    1. Man up
    2. Defeatist doesn't get you anywhere
    3. I understand but can only empathise
    4. Man up

chin up stranger, it ain't so bad, at least you're not in a war zone or something.

ReputationRep:
    This thread has just served to depress me about going to QMUL.

Also, it's quite easy to call troll.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't the easiest thing to do and the original rejection reason was listed as competition for places... but then I was down a grade and so was basically having to explain what happened. I had genuine reasons so granted, it wasn't just a case of phoning up and saying "please take me!" but I tried. Anyway, surely you don't base your ideas of whether or not a uni is worthy or not on competition for places? I know it's a pretty good indicator but for Psychology it would actually have been easier for me to go to Warwick as their grade boundary was lower. If I'd come back and said I'd got into Warwick, what would you have said then?
    Anyway have you tried applying to these places?
    Yeah, and if I get an A for the A level I'm studying atm I'll be 2% away from the requirements of the likes of UCL. Btw, that A is wishful thinking...

Apply to palces? Are you mad?

And no, I think of Exeter as one of the better ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    OMG, it's im so academic a few years in the future!
    Hah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountainSpring)
    This thread has just served to depress me about going to QMUL.

Also, it's quite easy to call troll.
    I wouldn't mind going to QMUL out of all of those, one of my favourite people is a professor there in my subject which has thus far remained undisclosed, and shall stay that way...

And I'm not a troll; I don't possess the creativity.

ReputationRep:
    Bath spa, Brunel, Coventry and Reading are actually not bad universities
    Reading is actually ranked as a very good university x

ReputationRep:
    Stop be a sook and get over it.
    OR
    your pretty much f*cked.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.