Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiliee21)
    Glad I can be of help. At least now you no that education really isn't your thing. Try applying to places that look appealing to you (morrisons, tescos etc...) like once a week, then they are bound to consider you for an interview.
    I think that's a bit far-fetched. I'd be surprised if they consider me. Even if they did, I'd only get fired for laziness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    I think that's a bit far-fetched. I'd be surprised if they consider me. Even if they did, I'd only get fired for laziness.
    marry rich

if not sign on for the doll and inform your parents you will be staying with them for a long long time

ReputationRep:
    There's no apparently about it - I don't want to go to them. A decent education might have salvaged something.
    So what do you want to do then? I'm not going to a top ten university but I'm okay with that.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I find it funny when people condescendingly look down on universities that aren't to their standard when they can't even obtain the good grades to get into the 'top' ones. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiliee21)
    marry rich

if not sign on for the doll and inform your parents you will be staying with them for a long long time
    I already am on it, and living with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twist.the.illusion)
    So what do you want to do then? I'm not going to a top ten university but I'm okay with that.
    Die, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Die, tbh.
    Is that not a teeny tiny bit over dramatic?

ReputationRep:
    Is that not a teeny tiny bit over dramatic?
    Not if you knew my situation in full.

ReputationRep:
    Not if you knew my situation in full.
    There are so many people on this forum giving out cryptic messages about their personal life and claiming their suicidal. So I'll say it again:

Go to your GP. They'll hook you up with some counselling or some CBT which might help you have a more positive outlook on things and be able to cope with whatever it is that's going on.

ReputationRep:
    There are so many people on this forum giving out cryptic messages about their personal life and claiming their suicidal. So I'll say it again:

Go to your GP. They'll hook you up with some counselling or some CBT which might help you have a more positive outlook on things and be able to cope with whatever it is that's going on.
    Waste NHS money on such a trivial thing? I'd never go to a GP for mental health, it's not proper health and not the GP's problem.

ReputationRep:
    Waste NHS money on such a trivial thing? I'd never go to a GP for mental health, it's not proper health and not the GP's problem.
    Not proper health? I take offence to that. Without my GP's help I would be very poorly indeed.
    What do you propose you do besides sit on TSR and whine then?

ReputationRep:
    Not proper health? I take offence to that. Without my GP's help I would be very poorly indeed.
    What do you propose you do besides sit on TSR and whine then?
    Nothing. I'm quite enjoying myself sponging off the state and parents. Having a rollicking good time. I jest.

Not much I can do - can't go to uni, can't get a job...insane according to you.

ReputationRep:
    Man I wish my problems were as trivial as this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Man I wish my problems were as trivial as this.
    Go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. I'm quite enjoying myself sponging off the state and parents. Having a rollicking good time. I jest.

Insane? When did I say that? Stop wallowing! Are you disabled physically or mentally? Because I bet you actually CAN if you got off your a*s and try and be a little proactive.

You know what? This is incredibly boring. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Insane? When did I say that? Stop wallowing! Are you disabled physically or mentally? Because I bet you actually CAN if you got off your a*s and try and be a little proactive.

You know what? This is incredibly boring. Good luck!
    Can what? I'm going to bed now. Please leave a nice message for me to wake up. It will give me a reason to get out of bed before noon for a change.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. First, get a job. If you want a job, you can get it-you may have to apply to 150 places on gum tree, but you will find something for the mean time. You can't just blame it on the world around you.

Secondly, am I missing the point or something-why can't you get a first at those unis? It's not as though you have to go to a Russell Group to get a first. Several of the universities that you mentioned were good universities, so I don't see why you're complaining.

And thirdly, if that internship that you want to get in is that hard, maybe you weren't meant to do it in the first place. Compromise: somethings just aren't plausible. My friend realised her A Levels weren't good enough to get into Med school (something she had wanted to do her whole life) but she compromised and applied for Physiotherapy instead. She's now incredibly happy where she is.

ReputationRep:

You CAN go to uni, you just need to swallow your pride and maybe not go to AAA institutes. Your complaining about how Sh*t your life is, theres a solution to do something about. I honestly cannot understand your logic, you dont want to go to a university that isnt a top one, so you'd rather be on the doll, living with your parents.
    I dont know how you can have any pride doing that

ReputationRep:
    You need a good

ReputationRep:
    Obvioustroll is becoming ever more obvious.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.