Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountainSpring)
    Obvioustroll is becoming ever more obvious.
    I really wasn't a troll.

ReputationRep:
    this guy is pi**ing me off. if baby cant get what he wants right this instance, then he's going to throw a tantrum and make life difficult for everyone by clogging up forums and hangning round his parents house until he's 40 or whatever.

your life isnt over - you never even let it start.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean English people can't survive in Scotland?

ReputationRep:
    i dunno, i guess he thinks we're too weak or some s**t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighestKungFu)
    It's the climate. Our bodies can't aclimatise so once an English person crosses the border we die instantly. No amount of deep-fried mars bars can save you then.
    We don't just sit around eating deep dried mars bar. I've never eaten one in my life

ReputationRep:
    This guy is a clown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    I've worked out that the following are the only universities I could possibly go to:

Aberdeen (English people can't survive in Scotland)
    Bath Spa
    Brunel
    Canterbury Christ Church
    Coventry
    Edinburgh (highly unlikely, and as above)
    Exeter Cornwall Campus (Unlikely)
    Queen Mary (Unlikely)
    Reading
    Winchester

I'm pretty much doomed to failure. I have an idea of exactly what I want to do if I were to graduate, but I'd always be beaten by those with better degrees. Sighhhh.....
    You've just listed a number of top 50 institutions. Besides this, classification, subject, individual marks, work experience, skills applications, etc etc are just as, if not more, important for future life.

ReputationRep:
    You don't deserve to succeed if you have no ambition or drive. Your life is only over after you tell yourself it is over, and rightly so. Don't give up, and don't be so ****ing picky.

I'd also like to know why you can't go to Scotland... Edinburgh is an excellent university.

ReputationRep:
    You're your own failure.

If you think you'll fail you will. Think you'll suceed and the chances are.. you will get there.

People and their shizen. o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightstar-27)
    What do you mean English people can't survive in Scotland?
    They are victimised. I've heard this from so many people.

(Original post by DarkWhite)
    You've just listed a number of top 50 institutions. Besides this, classification, subject, individual marks, work experience, skills applications, etc etc are just as, if not more, important for future life.
    Oh wow, top 50. That means absolutely nothing. How many universities are there in this country?Anything outside of top 15 isn't worth going to.

(Original post by WeekendOffender)
    You don't deserve to succeed if you have no ambition or drive. Your life is only over after you tell yourself it is over, and rightly so. Don't give up, and don't be so ****ing picky.

I'd also like to know why you can't go to Scotland... Edinburgh is an excellent university.
    What's the point of having ambition and drive when whenever I've had it in the past and achieved what needed to be achieved, I still end up nowhere? It's all well and good doing all of this, but if there is a lack of opportunity then what's the point. I've never gotten anywhere. I'm always the last to be chosen or always rejected, that's why I'm like I am. What's the point in trying when it never works? Surely just to remain a failure is just easier than trying, getting no recognition, getting nowhere, getting nothing.

(Original post by NellGwynne)
    You're your own failure.

If you think you'll fail you will. Think you'll suceed and the chances are.. you will get there.

People and their shizen. o.O
    As above.

ReputationRep:
    Become an entrepreneur

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of having ambition and drive when whenever I've had it in the past and achieved what needed to be achieved, I still end up nowhere? It's all well and good doing all of this, but if there is a lack of opportunity then what's the point. I've never gotten anywhere. I'm always the last to be chosen or always rejected, that's why I'm like I am. What's the point in trying when it never works? Surely just to remain a failure is just easier than trying, getting no recognition, getting nowhere, getting nothing.
    Well, obviously ambition and hard work does not automatically equal success. But it does help a great deal.

If you have a positive outlook and are willing to work for your success, you may or may not achieve it. On the other hand, if you are pessimistic and give up, you will definitely achieve nothing.

I understand that you have become jaded by years of trying and trying only to get nothing, but it's just one of life's challenges. Do you keep trying and maybe have a breakthrough at some point? Or do you give up and make all the years that you have tried count for absolutely nothing? It is your decision.

EDIT: I can also tell you, as a Scottish person, that English people are not victimized in this country. Of course there are some idiots who will pick on you for being English if they don't get on with you, and you will experience a bit of banter about your nationality. However, in England it's the same with Scots. There will always be traces of Ye Olde Rivalry.

If you are a nice person, Scots will get on with you regardless of nationality, race, sexual orientation, absolutely anything. They are one of the most friendly civilizations in the world. Of course you will encounter the odd prick, but that happens in everyday life anyway. I'm sure a great deal of English people manage to not only survive, but also thrive and enjoy themselves in Scotland. Edinburgh is also a leading university in the world, so you can't really say you don't have a good range of opportunities while including that in your list.

ReputationRep:
    They are victimised. I've heard this from so many people.
    I haven't been

ReputationRep:
    Well, obviously ambition and hard work does not automatically equal success. But it does help a great deal.

If you have a positive outlook and are willing to work for your success, you may or may not achieve it. On the other hand, if you are pessimistic and give up, you will definitely achieve nothing.

I understand that you have become jaded by years of trying and trying only to get nothing, but it's just one of life's challenges. Do you keep trying and maybe have a breakthrough at some point? Or do you give up and make all the years that you have tried count for absolutely nothing? It is your decision.
    All the years count for nothing anyway. I am already a failure, and the universities that I could realistically go to only add another layer to it. There's no way I can reverse or escape failure and being a good-for-nothing, but it depends on how deep into I go, now; tbh, I'm not bothered by how deep into the realms of failure I go, it's all the same.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you feel as though this is the end, let it be the end. The only person who can make the most of your situation is you. The thread is full of valid reasons as to why your life is not over, but if you refuse to listen, nobody can help you.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you feel as though this is the end, let it be the end. The only person who can make the most of your situation is you. The thread is full of valid reasons as to why your life is not over, but if you refuse to listen, nobody can help you.
    Like what?!

ReputationRep:
    For a start, there is no reason why you couldn't achieve a good degree at any of those universities and then go on to another one to do a Masters.

ReputationRep:
    For a start, there is no reason why you couldn't achieve a good degree at any of those universities and then go on to another one to do a Masters.
    Nonsense

ReputationRep:
    this business of people with better degrees is rubbish.
    it doesn't matter WHERE you get your degree.. just that you get it! and there are are some good unis on that list... maybe not oxford and cambridge but like i said, a degree is a degree.
    there is also the possibility of foundation years? which is what im doing. easy acces to good universities..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    We don't just sit around eating deep dried mars bar. I've never eaten one in my life
    I think the 'dried' ones are rarer than the fried variety . Just messing lol

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.