The Student Room Group

I have this really Fat friend...

...like 26 stone fat, and he's lovely guy but of course most girls don't find him attractive. Which is a problem as he really wants a girlfriend.
He ''falls in love'' with girls really easy (once he had only seen a picture of a girl and said 'I want to shout my love for her from the rooftops), and the only relationship hes actually been in he proposed to her after 8 months (age 17) and she broke up with him.
Now hes coming to me asking me to set him up with my single friends, I've tried hinting that they wouldn't be interested but he cant take the hint and I can't tell him straight because he's over sensitive (he's attempted suicide and self harmed when hes been rejected in the past) but he is a really nice boy aswell so I don't want to avoid him/ really hurt his feelings. But hes put me in the really really difficult position of trying to find a nice pretty girl who would be interest in him.

How do I get myself out of this nice and cleanly ?

Any advice no matter how obscure would be appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

He should apply for the next series of The Biggest Loser. :yep:
just say they're interested in other people/don't want to see anyone atm.
Reply 3
Tell him to lose weight.
hmmm... thats hard when people are so stubborn and never realise what is wrong in them. do what 'losingtouch.' said above. just tell him that they (the girls) aren't interested in anyone right now. or else just leave him and let him be like that. someone will probably tell him the truth one day.

:dontknow:
tell him that a girl at the top of the stairs fancies him. he will run up the stairs and shed some weight!

and if he dies/gives up, then problem solved!
Reply 6
difficult situation, I wouldn't know since I don't associate with fat people

And you describe him as a lovely guy but he sounds like a lecherous loser...
Reply 7
tell him
lose weight = more girls
if that doesnt work, tell him the only way hes gunna touch another girl is if he gets a job as a bouncy castle
Reply 8
Original post by Vek
Tell him to lose weight.

haha last year he spent 20 grand on going to fat camp, he was 24 stone and went down to 18. Now he's 26 stone. I think weight loss is a big problem for him.

It also doesnt help that he gets naked at partys all the time and he has the smallest penis ive ever seen but the biggest balls....
and basically every girl knows this :/
Set him up with the Gothopotamus:

Reply 10
Original post by Bleak Lemming
Not being rude, but are there any larger ladies out there who you could hint to? They may be more inclined & possibly be having the same problem?

None that I know of, well none nearly as large as him. That's the other issue, he has really high standards hahaa
but hes become so desperate im sure he'll opt for anything
Reply 11
Just say all your friends are seeing people / not interested in a relationship or something along those lines.
when he self harmed, did he bleed strawberry ice cream?
Reply 13
Original post by The Stig
Just say all your friends are seeing people / not interested in a relationship or something along those lines.

I appriciate your advice alot and normally that would certainly work, but ive tried saying stuff like that and he reckons he could change their minds if they met him and stuff.
I dunno how attractive he thinks he is but yeahhh....

:smile: xx
Just call him a fat **** one day. That will go down deep.
Reply 15
Original post by emiliee21
haha last year he spent 20 grand on going to fat camp, he was 24 stone and went down to 18. Now he's 26 stone. I think weight loss is a big problem for him.

:frown:
He needs to find some kind of motivation then. I wouldn't know how to approach this as you've mentioned he has a fragile emotional state. :s-smilie:
Basically I'm not helpful at all. :redface:

...like 26 stone fat, and he's lovely guy but of course most girls don't find him attractive. Which is a problem as he really wants a girlfriend.
He ''falls in love'' with girls really easy (once he had only seen a picture of a girl and said 'I want to shout my love for her from the rooftops), and the only relationship hes actually been in he proposed to her after 8 months (age 17) and she broke up with him.
Now hes coming to me asking me to set him up with my single friends, I've tried hinting that they wouldn't be interested but he cant take the hint and I can't tell him straight because he's over sensitive (he's attempted suicide and self harmed when hes been rejected in the past) but he is a really nice boy aswell so I don't want to avoid him/ really hurt his feelings. But hes put me in the really really difficult position of trying to find a nice pretty girl who would be interest in him.

How do I get myself out of this nice and cleanly ?

Any advice no matter how obscure would be appreciated!

Take Me Out? :dontknow:
Reply 17
Tell him that she's only ever being out with guys she met at the local gym.
Reply 18
Tell him to migrate to USA :smile:
I appriciate your advice alot and normally that would certainly work, but ive tried saying stuff like that and he reckons he could change their minds if they met him and stuff.
I dunno how attractive he thinks he is but yeahhh....

:smile: xx

Tell him you won't set him up, you don't feel comfortable doing it and to stop asking because it creeps you out thinking about your friends like that.

If it doesn't work, in the end someone is going to have to be brutally honest with him. Either you can do it or maybe you can actually set him up with one of your friends and ask her to be honest rather than sugar coat it (since she'll never have to deal with him after that)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending