Turn on thread page Beta

Nail Varnish! watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hey!

I vary my nails throughout the year, but sometimes I find that when I go back to a colour I used a couple of months ago it's all grotty and sticky round the top and doesn't go on well at all

Any tips to help stop this?

Jessica

ReputationRep:
    Apparently a splash of nail varnish remover works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've heard that too, a few drops of nail varnish remover into the polish, haven't tried myself though

ReputationRep:
    I run the polish under warm/hot water for a few minutes (with the lid on, obviously!). Softens it up and makes it easier to apply

Same trick works for mascara too, FYI ^_^
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cool, I will try those tips next time (I decided screw it and just used a different colour :p:)

Thanks all

ReputationRep:
    Some do go goopy quicker particularly if you use them a lot. Nail varnish thinner is a better bet than remover, but in the long run screwing the lid on really tight and storing them in a cool dark place is the best preventative tactic.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've heard that too

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.